PDA

View Full Version : Recurring Events - deleting current 1 on Droid X = deleting ALL following on Outlook

zentech
07-17-2010, 12:16 PM
Hello - just bought the full product today. I hear that a fix is pending for problems with recurring events. Should I go to 4.0 beta or is the fix not part of the 4.0 beta?

Running Outlook 2010 64-bit.

DJOCTO
07-17-2010, 12:43 PM
The next release of DejaOffice, 1.6, contains a completely revised system for recurring dates. This runs independent of CompanionLink. We have been doing QA on it all week. However, we understand that people have great expectations, and so are spending a lot of extra time to try to get the first release to do "everything".

I would still suggest that everyone will be well served NOT to sync DejaCal events with the onboard Calendar. The onboard Calendar just doesn't handle recurrings consistently with how Outlook or Google handles them.

CompanionLink 3.0 and 4.0 have the same sync functionality. But 4.0 will be the product for the future. Unless you find a real problem, I would suggest going to CompanionLink 4.0 if only so you won't have to switch in a couple months when there really is a feature difference. The key advantage of CL 4.0 is an enhanced user interface (the screen is prettier) but the functionality is basically the same.

Wayland Bruns
DejaOffice

zentech
07-21-2010, 04:54 PM
hi - any eta on fixing the recurring events issue? i have the newest releases of dejaoffice and companion link as of today and deleting a single/current recurring event on dejaoffice calendar/droid x still deletes ALL following (current and future) same events on outlook.

DJOCTO
07-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Zentech, the revised recurrings are in 1.6. It is still in QA at this time. Until it is released, I suggest doing maintenance in Outlook; i.e. deleting recurrings.

kscaptivate
07-23-2010, 11:45 PM
The next release of DejaOffice, 1.6, contains a completely revised system for recurring dates. This runs independent of CompanionLink. We have been doing QA on it all week. However, we understand that people have great expectations, and so are spending a lot of extra time to try to get the first release to do "everything".

I would still suggest that everyone will be well served NOT to sync DejaCal events with the onboard Calendar. The onboard Calendar just doesn't handle recurrings consistently with how Outlook or Google handles them.

CompanionLink 3.0 and 4.0 have the same sync functionality. But 4.0 will be the product for the future. Unless you find a real problem, I would suggest going to CompanionLink 4.0 if only so you won't have to switch in a couple months when there really is a feature difference. The key advantage of CL 4.0 is an enhanced user interface (the screen is prettier) but the functionality is basically the same.

Wayland Bruns
DejaOffice

This is good advice to have about not syncing locally. My only motivation to sync my calendar locally was so that I could have a home screen calendar widget. Do you guys have a dejaview calendar widget in your plans?

Eric
07-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Yes, we plan on making a DejaOffice widget, though it's still a ways off.

zentech
08-02-2010, 11:10 PM
ooookay...after waiting for the promised 'working update'...updated companionlink to 4.0, updated dejaoffice to 1.6, and...

still can't get this to work correctly.

now...repeating event on droid x, say, put trash out to curb for pickup. delete today's repeating event on handheld. handheld asks 'delete *this* event? i do, then...

event does NOT delete on outlook after sync.

i am able to delete repeating events on outlook as long as i select 'delete all' on phone. but that defeats the purpose of a repeating event in the first place

is there an update in the works to correct this?

Ben
08-03-2010, 10:07 AM
zentech - Yep, we're seeing this too. The issue is with synching deleted exceptions to a recurring series. An update is in the works. We'll try to get this into the next release.

zentech
08-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Ben, the latest update appears to be doing the trick.
Thanks to you and the team!