PDA

View Full Version : One-Way Sync from Outlook to Phone

DMathews
12-03-2011, 05:11 PM
I recently had to reset my phone (droidx) and back-up apps & data. Somehow, some of my contacts on the phone got combined with some other names which is of course a problem. As of now, Outlook on my pc looks fine. So my question is how can I do a one-way synch from my pc to my phone in order to get the contacts correct on my phone? Would this be a suitable solution? Thanks for any help. :confused:

Droidx 2.3.4 4.5.605
CL V.4 Build 4050
DJO 1.12.5

McLion
12-04-2011, 02:10 AM
Select to 'Purge and Reload' in Companionlink before syncing.
This will delete the database on your device and copy all data from Outlook.

DMathews
12-05-2011, 12:02 AM
McLion-

Thanks for your reply. Just to be clear, I need to go to "Advanced Settings" & select the applications tab: select Purge & Reload for "contacts". Should I select "Outlook to Android" for sync process or should I leave it as "sync both ways"?

At the same time, can I choose to synch "both ways" for calendar, tasks & notes. I am assuming that those items are okay and can be synced both ways.

Thanks for your further help with this.

Droidx 2.3.4 4.5.605
CL V.4 Build 4050
DJO 1.12.5

Select to 'Purge and Reload' in Companionlink before syncing.
This will delete the database on your device and copy all data from Outlook.

McLion
12-05-2011, 01:05 AM
You can set it separately for contacts, calendar, .. in the advanced tab. Or you can simply select it from the options menu in main CL window which enables it for all types. Depending on the CL version you are using the item is named Purge and Reload or wipe ...., CL is not very consistent with this as you might even see different naming within the same version.
PnR overrules all of you other settings. The other settings like syncing both ways or either single direction are active for all normal syncing. I have it set fro syncing both ways, sync deleted records and keep latest changes. However, you might need/like a different setting.

DMathews
12-05-2011, 03:42 PM
McLion-

Thanks. I was able to successfully synch my contacts between Outlook & Deja Office using the settings you suggested. Unfortunately, I need to find a way to remove all "Android Contacts" since djo syncs with it. Without clearing out the android contacts, the problem contacts still show up.

It seems, with the introduction of Gingerbread OS (2.3.4) Google/Motorola removed the ability to delete the "Storage Contact file" all at once. I realize this may be out of your territory, but perhaps someone know how to accomplish this. Thanks again.

McLion
12-06-2011, 05:10 AM
Look for the Contacts app and Memory in the "Installed Applications" in the Settings of your device. You have the option to clear the data for every installed app. Make sure to do another PnR after you have cleared out the native Android contacts as well as to have the native contacts syncing active in DJO settings.