PDA

View Full Version : Feature request - keyboard displayed by default on Contacts home page

johnjbbrown
12-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Hi

I am using DejaOffice in Android and I am very happy that I found an application that synchronises with Outlook.
However, there is one thing in Contacts which is extremely annoying: if you want to call someone from your contacts (likely the most common activity on a phone), you have to find him. On my ZTE Blade (and most probably any other Android phone) that means 1) tapping Deja Contacts on the home screen; 2) pressing the "Menu" button; 3) pressing the "Search" button and 4) only then you can start typing the first letters of the name you are trying to find.

I really do not understand why the home screen of Contacts does not display the keyboard by default so that you can start typing immediately (as is normal on the simple "stupid" phones). I have hard time to imagine what other more common activity one would want to do in the Contacts than search them.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong and did not find the correct setting, in which case I humbly apologise and ask for advise, but if this is what the software architect intended, I would like to raise a feature request to get rid of the two unnecessary steps in the search process.

Thank you.

Kaena
12-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Also, if your device does not have a dedicated 'Search' key, you can press and hold the 'Menu' key to bring up the search field and keyboard.