PDA

View Full Version : Deja Contacts to iphone Contacts

acho7
12-10-2011, 10:28 AM
I have successfully exported my ACT 6 contacts to Deja Contacts by way of Companionlink. Now how do I export them to iphone Contacts?

Thank you.

A7

Thomas
12-12-2011, 08:01 AM
I have successfully exported my ACT 6 contacts to Deja Contacts by way of Companionlink. Now how do I export them to iphone Contacts?

Thank you.

A7

acho7,

Thanks for posting. You can sync DejaOffice Contacts with Native Contacts, however it is a 2 way Sync process, not an export process.

If you wish to completely overwrite your Apple Calendar with Data from ACT follow these steps:
1. On Your PC Desktop open the CompanionLink Setup app.
2. Click the Settings icon next to ACT!
3. In the applications tab select the "Wipe Calendar on Apple Device before Sync" for the calendar Application. (These instructions are for CompanionLink build 5008. If you are using an older version send me the build #.)
4. Click OK.
5. On your iPhone open DejaOffice.
6. Tap Settings>Sync Settings.
7. The top option in this menu is Calendar Sync Settings. Tap the Sync with Apple Calendar.
8. Tap the Sync Settings option and select the specific Calendar you would like to Sync your DejaOffice Data with.
9. Return the main screen of DejaOffice.
10. On your PC Desktop begin the Sync Process form CompanionLink.

Yourkard
12-12-2011, 09:21 PM
I am trying to use the voice dial function and it appears my iPhone 3GS will only look at the iPhone contacts. In order for DejaOffice contacts to be useful for me I need to either get the voice dial to look at Deja Contacts or transfer the Deja Contacts into the default iPhone contact app. What are my options? What would you suggest?

Thanks.

Thomas
12-13-2011, 07:49 AM
I am trying to use the voice dial function and it appears my iPhone 3GS will only look at the iPhone contacts. In order for DejaOffice contacts to be useful for me I need to either get the voice dial to look at Deja Contacts or transfer the Deja Contacts into the default iPhone contact app. What are my options? What would you suggest?

Thanks.

Yourkard,

You can turn on Sync with Native Contacts app in the DejaOffice Settings.
This is a two way sync function, so any contacts in your Native iOS application will sync int DejaOffice when you do this.
Some users find they end up with duplicate contacts when they turn this feature on.

To prevent duplicates you can do Purge and reload from CompanionLink.

Let em know if you have any questions about this.

Frisbeeace
04-14-2013, 11:45 PM
I was able to export all my Palm Desktop contacts to DejaOffice in my iphone 5. However, I can not find the way to copy them to my Apple Contacts.
All I get is the following screen:

Warning
DejaOffice was not able to complete the sync with Apple Contacts. Would you like to disable this sync, or try again?

It looks like Calendar syncs (last Sync dated seconds ago) while my last Contact sync is dated 28 Feb.

Can you provide any help please?

Thomas
04-15-2013, 10:11 AM
I was able to export all my Palm Desktop contacts to DejaOffice in my iphone 5. However, I can not find the way to copy them to my Apple Contacts.
All I get is the following screen:

Warning
DejaOffice was not able to complete the sync with Apple Contacts. Would you like to disable this sync, or try again?

It looks like Calendar syncs (last Sync dated seconds ago) while my last Contact sync is dated 28 Feb.

Can you provide any help please?

Try the following steps:
1. Verify Sync with Apple Contacts app is turned on.
2. Open CompanionLink on your PC Desktop and click advanced Settings.
3. Select the Applications Tab.
4. Click the Wipe all "Contacts on Apple Device before Sync"
5. Sync again

Does that help?