PDA

View Full Version : Reinstall of CompanionLink - Outlook folders -> Task folder combo is blank

4ofN
01-03-2012, 08:01 AM
I have just rebuilt my PC and downloaded / installed the latest Companionlink to sync office 2010 with my Samsung Galaxy S running Rogers latest (2.3) android (it has the most recent DejaOffice as well).

This is a completely new install of everything. I have rebooted the PC, I have run Windows Update (Windows 7 - 64 Bit).

I am just going through the setup screens and noticed something odd. On the Outlook Folders tab of CompanionLink Setup there are 2 combo boxes - "Calendar Folder" and "Task Folder" (these are the only things I am synching).

The Calendar Folder Combo is filled with an entry for my Outlook Calendar so that seems good to go, but the Task Folder Combo is blank. There are no entries in the combo at all.

Is this a problem? I can't remember how this screen looked when I installed all of this the last time I rebuilt my PC.

Thomas
01-03-2012, 08:45 AM
I have just rebuilt my PC and downloaded / installed the latest Companionlink to sync office 2010 with my Samsung Galaxy S running Rogers latest (2.3) android (it has the most recent DejaOffice as well).

This is a completely new install of everything. I have rebooted the PC, I have run Windows Update (Windows 7 - 64 Bit).

I am just going through the setup screens and noticed something odd. On the Outlook Folders tab of CompanionLink Setup there are 2 combo boxes - "Calendar Folder" and "Task Folder" (these are the only things I am synching).

The Calendar Folder Combo is filled with an entry for my Outlook Calendar so that seems good to go, but the Task Folder Combo is blank. There are no entries in the combo at all.

Is this a problem? I can't remember how this screen looked when I installed all of this the last time I rebuilt my PC.

4of n,

Thanks for posting...
Open Outlook and see if you have two task folders using the same name. Sometimes this can creates some confusion for CompanionLink and it chokes out grabbing any folder.
It is pretty easy to rename the folders, but let me know if you need any help with that. If that isn't the problem let me know and I will research this closer.

4ofN
01-03-2012, 09:17 AM
I only seem to have one task folder. Mind you, I do have several mail folders for different POP accounts as well as one exchange account all in the same outlook. I've looked through these and can't see any other tasks lists.

Also, as per your footer
Mobile Device and OS: Samsung Galaxy S - OS 2.3, firmware 2.3.3, kernel 2.6.35.7-I896UXKH2-CL296008
DejaOffice version#: 1.12.8
CompanionLink build # 5012
Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..): Outlook 2010 14.0.4760.1000 (64 bit)
Sync Method: USB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Thomas
01-03-2012, 09:51 AM
I only seem to have one task folder. Mind you, I do have several mail folders for different POP accounts as well as one exchange account all in the same outlook. I've looked through these and can't see any other tasks lists.

Also, as per your footer
Mobile Device and OS: Samsung Galaxy S - OS 2.3, firmware 2.3.3, kernel 2.6.35.7-I896UXKH2-CL296008
DejaOffice version#: 1.12.8
CompanionLink build # 5012
Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..): Outlook 2010 14.0.4760.1000 (64 bit)
Sync Method: USB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Just to verify I am following you correctly:

1. Open CompanionLink Setup on your PC Desktop.
2. Click Advanced Settings.
3. Select the Outlook Folders Tab.
4. Please report the options that display in the Tasks Drop down.
Also report that against the actual folder name foe Tasks in Outlook.

4ofN
01-03-2012, 10:30 AM
The Tasks Folder Combo is blank.

As per the following image on imgur.com http://i.imgur.com/t8x5Q.jpg

Thomas
01-03-2012, 10:35 AM
The Tasks Folder Combo is blank.

As per the following image on imgur.com http://i.imgur.com/t8x5Q.jpg

I would suggest running a scanpst.exe
There may be some minor data corruption in the Tasks folders that is preventing CompanionLink form detecting the Tasks Folders.
http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Outlook_ScanPST_or_ScanOST_instructions

4ofN
01-03-2012, 02:36 PM
I've run the scanpst program but no problems were found.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled companionlink. Still not working.

Thomas
01-03-2012, 02:37 PM
I've run the scanpst program but no problems were found.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled companionlink. Still not working.

4ofN,

Is your Tasks data connected to an Exchange server, or just a local account in Outlook?

4ofN
01-03-2012, 03:02 PM
it is conneted to an exchange server

Thomas
01-03-2012, 03:10 PM
it is conneted to an exchange server

I would suggest putting in a ticket to:
support@companionlink.com
Make sure you clarify this is an Exchange server environment and that you have run ScanOST.exe