PDA

View Full Version : DejaOffice Notes to Google Docs as backup

jeromelofton
07-20-2010, 07:49 AM
I am a recent Android convert to the Sprint HTC EVO (Android 2.1) from Windows Mobile 6.1. I have searched for "native" Syncing options with Outlook 2003 on Windows XP, which appear to be a weakness in Android. After reading when numerous Posts and Articles I was led to DejaOffice and CompanionSync as a recommended solution. The install of DejaOffice and CompanionSync (current release as of today July 20, 2010) appeared to go routine, however I have noted over several syncs that some items in Calendar appears to not have synced (I cannot detect any particular pattern to the missing syncs). Today, it appears that Notes had successfully synced but somehow, the notes on the Outlook side have all been corrupted and have the same title and the same gibberish written into the notes content. The notes on the Android phone side are intact.

Questions:
(1) How can I export the notes in DejaOffice to Google Docs as backup? (or as text files) ;
(2) After safely backing up the notes in Dejaoffice to Google Docs, How can I one-way sync ONLY the notes from the Phone back to Outlook to delete the corrupted files and replace them with the good notes from the DejaOffice?

Thanks in advance.

Eric
07-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Jerome, there is no export option. You can set CompanionLink for a one-way sync of just your notes from DejaOffice to Outlook. This is configured in the CompanionLink "Category Manager" settings (in CompanionLink v 3.0) or in the "Applications" tab (in CompanionLink v 4.0). Please contact CompanionLink tech support if you need help setting this up.