PDA

View Full Version : Lotus Notes 6.5 / Ipad 2/ wifi - keep duplicating, please help!

Primus
02-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Hello to all, i've been using deja office for a while. but i'm getting always duplicate entries. And is...
I just want to have a calendar on my ipad synchronised with my LN agenda. Simple as that!

I want to have the possibility to enter the new appointments in the ipad on my way, and on my LN at the office. And to have those sync'ed. If i am deleting one meeting on the ipad or LN it should be deleted on my other agenda too.

What settings should i choose? If i choose in both directions i get all duplicate. If i choose one direction, i can't edit the agenda in one of my devices.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Thomas
02-07-2012, 06:48 AM
Hello to all, i've been using deja office for a while. but i'm getting always duplicate entries. And is...
I just want to have a calendar on my ipad synchronised with my LN agenda. Simple as that!

I want to have the possibility to enter the new appointments in the ipad on my way, and on my LN at the office. And to have those sync'ed. If i am deleting one meeting on the ipad or LN it should be deleted on my other agenda too.

What settings should i choose? If i choose in both directions i get all duplicate. If i choose one direction, i can't edit the agenda in one of my devices.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hello Primus,

It sounds like you may be possibly Syncing more than one device with Lotus Notes.
I need to know the following information.

CompanionLink Brand (CompanionLink Express, CompanionLink Pro, etc...)
CompanionLink Build # (Open CompanionLink Setup for this information)
Sync Method
Number PC you are Syncing to.

Thanks

Primus
02-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Hello Thomas,
First of all, thanks for the quick answer.

Here is the infos needed:
Companion link express 5.0 Build 5002
I don't know if is important but it say user count : 2
1 pc sync'ed with 1 ipad

Local wifi sync,
apple device - local wifi - lotus 4.8-8.5

In the Advanced settings should i choose sync both ways?
And in the primary data base settings should i choose Ln the primary or both?

It is very important for me that i have at least in the Lotus Notes my agenda secured, because i have almost 2 months scheduled in advanced.

Wright now the only way that i can avoid the duplicating is manualy copying the new entries from ipad to ln, purging the ipad agenda and sync from the ln to ipad. Otherways i get double entries at the same hours, same details. It was on a earlier version when i've got duplicates with 1h difference.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards,
Primus

Thomas
02-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Hello Thomas,
First of all, thanks for the quick answer.

Here is the infos needed:
Companion link express 5.0 Build 5002
I don't know if is important but it say user count : 2
1 pc sync'ed with 1 ipad

Local wifi sync,
apple device - local wifi - lotus 4.8-8.5

In the Advanced settings should i choose sync both ways?
And in the primary data base settings should i choose Ln the primary or both?

It is very important for me that i have at least in the Lotus Notes my agenda secured, because i have almost 2 months scheduled in advanced.

Wright now the only way that i can avoid the duplicating is manualy copying the new entries from ipad to ln, purging the ipad agenda and sync from the ln to ipad. Otherways i get double entries at the same hours, same details. It was on a earlier version when i've got duplicates with 1h difference.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards,
Primus

Hello Primus
My first piece of input is to make sure you are on the latest build of CompanionLink.
http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html
CL5.0 is up to build 5020. Make sure CompanionLink is closed on your PC Desktop and in the system tray before installing the update.

I would execute a fresh Sync of your data after updating.

1. Open CompanionLink Setup
2. Click the Options Menu.
3. Select the Wipe all records from the Apple Device.
4. Verify this procedure in the confirmation dialog.
5. Sync your Phone.