PDA

View Full Version : New message from Outlook, should I be worried

bobinraymoremo
02-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Have used CLO for awhile, just today on a sync I got a message from Outlook that a program is trying to access Outlook contacts, that it could be a virus or a program. Since this happened during the sync'ng I said OK but plan to do a full virus scan ASAP. Should I be worried? Have others seen this message?

TIA

Thomas
02-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Have used CLO for awhile, just today on a sync I got a message from Outlook that a program is trying to access Outlook contacts, that it could be a virus or a program. Since this happened during the sync'ng I said OK but plan to do a full virus scan ASAP. Should I be worried? Have others seen this message?

TIA

Tia,

I would exercise a reasonable amount of caution. A virus scan is a good idea.
However any one of the following changes could easily trigger a notification like this:
Update to MS Outlook
Update to MS Windows
Update to Virus Scan SW
Android OS update
Update to DejaOffice or CompanionLink
Changing Sync Settings in CompanionLink
Changing Sync Method
Also CompanionLink and DejaOffice from time to time run additional utilities during the Sync process to verify no Duplicates are being created.

Any one of, or a combination of these circumstances (I may have missed some others as well)could trigger a notification from Outlook like the one you received.

I hope this helps.