PDA

View Full Version : Calendar Entries created in other Time Zones not showing at correct time

dejaroy
02-25-2012, 08:57 PM
My company uses Lotus Notes for managing and sharing calendars on our PCs. I work with colleagues in other countries, LotusNotes correctly shows the calendar entries shifted according to the time zone difference. I am using CompanionLink to sync the LotusNotes calendar with DejaOffice in my iPhone, but the calendar entries created in other countries are not showing at the correct times in DejaCal: one calendar entry from France is showing at the France time (it is not shifted at all, even though my phone is setup for Eastern USA time, there should be a 6-hour shift), and one calendar entry from Brazil is shifted 3 hours even though the time difference on that date will be 2 hours, so the time on my phone is 1 hour different than the correct time showing in Lotus Notes. I don't find any indication in DejaCal of the timezone, is this feature correctly supported in CompanionLink and DejaOffice? How can I troubleshoot this problem? Perhaps it is a setting in my phone or DejaOffice or Companionlink?

The phone and PC are both set to USA Eastern Time, the phone is set to automatically update time zone and time.

iPhone 4S IOS 5.0.1 Verizon
DejaOffice v1.2.11
CompanionLink build 5020
LotusNotes 8.5.2FP2
WiFi Sync

Thanks,
Roy Lambert

Thomas
03-15-2012, 11:51 AM
My company uses Lotus Notes for managing and sharing calendars on our PCs. I work with colleagues in other countries, LotusNotes correctly shows the calendar entries shifted according to the time zone difference. I am using CompanionLink to sync the LotusNotes calendar with DejaOffice in my iPhone, but the calendar entries created in other countries are not showing at the correct times in DejaCal: one calendar entry from France is showing at the France time (it is not shifted at all, even though my phone is setup for Eastern USA time, there should be a 6-hour shift), and one calendar entry from Brazil is shifted 3 hours even though the time difference on that date will be 2 hours, so the time on my phone is 1 hour different than the correct time showing in Lotus Notes. I don't find any indication in DejaCal of the timezone, is this feature correctly supported in CompanionLink and DejaOffice? How can I troubleshoot this problem? Perhaps it is a setting in my phone or DejaOffice or Companionlink?

The phone and PC are both set to USA Eastern Time, the phone is set to automatically update time zone and time.

iPhone 4S IOS 5.0.1 Verizon
DejaOffice v1.2.11
CompanionLink build 5020
LotusNotes 8.5.2FP2
WiFi Sync

Thanks,
Roy Lambert

Hello Roy,

I am going to consult with our resident expert on Lotus Notes and get back to you.