PDA

View Full Version : Our old friend 'Daylight Savings Time'

bobinraymoremo
02-27-2012, 09:43 AM
Have "Time Zone Shift" set to "NO" in DJO settings but just saw a peculiar happening. For reference DST goes into effect on March 11th.

I just set two appointments on DejaCalendar one on 3/9 and one on 3/12. After sync'ng the appointment on 3/12 was 1 hour off. I have phone set to automatic and Outlook to Mountain Standard Time. I have searched other messages and the consensus was to have the phone set to the same time zone but don't I want to know the time when I switch time zones automatically? And shouldn't the no time zone shift keep my appointments good?

I think I may have a workaround since we travel a lot and change timezones frequently during the year. Set my outlook desktop to Arizona time, which does not change time and DJ to NO Time Zone Shift and Automatic Time. I just did a quick check and deleted the 3/12 appointment and reentered with the new settings and the appointment did not move 1 hour but will this work when we change time zones?

Thomas
02-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Have "Time Zone Shift" set to "NO" in DJO settings but just saw a peculiar happening. For reference DST goes into effect on March 11th.

I just set two appointments on DejaCalendar one on 3/9 and one on 3/12. After sync'ng the appointment on 3/12 was 1 hour off. I have phone set to automatic and Outlook to Mountain Standard Time. I have searched other messages and the consensus was to have the phone set to the same time zone but don't I want to know the time when I switch time zones automatically? And shouldn't the no time zone shift keep my appointments good?

I think I may have a workaround since we travel a lot and change timezones frequently during the year. Set my outlook desktop to Arizona time, which does not change time and DJ to NO Time Zone Shift and Automatic Time. I just did a quick check and deleted the 3/12 appointment and reentered with the new settings and the appointment did not move 1 hour but will this work when we change time zones?

bobinraymoremo,

Short answer is setting DejaOffice to "Time Zone Shift" = Yes should fix this.

Long answer is this...
If your Device Time Zone and Daylight Savings settings do not perfectly match the settings in your PC (I couldn't bee 100% sure based on your post) expect for there to be issues.

I hope this information helps.

bobinraymoremo
02-28-2012, 08:20 AM
bobinraymoremo,

Short answer is setting DejaOffice to "Time Zone Shift" = Yes should fix this.

Long answer is this...
If your Device Time Zone and Daylight Savings settings do not perfectly match the settings in your PC (I couldn't bee 100% sure based on your post) expect for there to be issues.

I hope this information helps.

I am actually equally worried about what a timezone shift does to all my old outlook calendar entries as I am about the time for a new appointment. When we leave AZ in April we will end up in Mountain time but on DST and if I switch it on outlook then all my calendar entries, especially the all day events, go haywire. With the one hour shift the all day events now span two days and the calendar gets ugly.

For background info we live full-time in our RV and travel the country extensively changing timezones sometimes every few days. So let us use a real world example. We are currently in AZ (NO DST) but on April 1st will be heading to the Kansas City MO area. I will start setting up doctor's appointments for our one month stay in the area, say a 1p appointment on April 18th (Central DST). If I switch the desktop from AZ (NO DST) to Mountain DST and then Central DST then my all day events will be ugly.

Maybe best just a question back to you, and to all, how can I set a 1p appointment on 4/19 that will still be 1p by the time we do all the traveling and two timezone changes?

Thomas
03-01-2012, 10:07 AM
I am actually equally worried about what a timezone shift does to all my old outlook calendar entries as I am about the time for a new appointment. When we leave AZ in April we will end up in Mountain time but on DST and if I switch it on outlook then all my calendar entries, especially the all day events, go haywire. With the one hour shift the all day events now span two days and the calendar gets ugly.

For background info we live full-time in our RV and travel the country extensively changing timezones sometimes every few days. So let us use a real world example. We are currently in AZ (NO DST) but on April 1st will be heading to the Kansas City MO area. I will start setting up doctor's appointments for our one month stay in the area, say a 1p appointment on April 18th (Central DST). If I switch the desktop from AZ (NO DST) to Mountain DST and then Central DST then my all day events will be ugly.

Maybe best just a question back to you, and to all, how can I set a 1p appointment on 4/19 that will still be 1p by the time we do all the traveling and two timezone changes?

That is a great question!
Since you data is at stake... Let me run some tests and clarify that for you.

Thomas
03-01-2012, 10:41 AM
That is a great question!
Since you data is at stake... Let me run some tests and clarify that for you.

One question for you that will affect the outcome either way...
Do your Calendar appointments include an address location?
If no address is included DejaOffice defaults to the location the appointment was created in.