PDA

View Full Version : Droid Bionic: Integrating Home PC CRM & Work Outlook Exchange with Native Databases

lukev
02-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Okay, first I'll admit that I'm a newbie Android and Bionic user (let alone apps from the Market). I know just enough to be VERY dangerous. But, I work in healthcare IT so I do know how to research and learn enough lingo and where to go to get answers to my questions (hopefully) :cool:

My Bionic has:
System version 5.9.902.XT875.Verizon.en.US
Android version 2.3.4
Lots of other versions (don't know what ya'll need them to help, just let me know). My phone is synched only at work with Outlook exchange, bringing in my calendar and contacts to the native android databases (as I understand they're referred to)

My Home PC has:
Windows XP Media Center Edition, 2002, SP 3
ACT! 6.0

My understanding is that I can purchase Companionlink Express and download the free DejaOffice app in order to synch my home personal contacts, calendar and tasks in ACT! with my Bionic. It seems I can synch these to the native android databases.

First question is can I do this? If so, which current versions of Computerlink Express and DejaOffice do I need? Are these compatible with the other current systems/versions I have?

Second quesion is if I do this will my home personal contacts, calendar and tasks be integrated with my work contacts, calendar and tasks? If they can be, I'm debating whether to do this or not.

On the one hand it would be nice to, for example, look at the native calendar and see both work and personal appointments. Likewise, I woudn't necessarily mind comingled contacts.

If there are any pitfalls and/or issues to consider with this set-up, I greatly appreciate those who have been at this a lot longer than me to post your comments/thoughts.

Thanks,

Luke

Kaena
03-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Hi Luke,

First question is can I do this? If so, which current versions of Computerlink Express and DejaOffice do I need? Are these compatible with the other current systems/versions I have?

The most current versions of CompanionLink and DejaOffice will work with your setup. Visit http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/

Second quesion is if I do this will my home personal contacts, calendar and tasks be integrated with my work contacts, calendar and tasks? If they can be, I'm debating whether to do this or not.

On the one hand it would be nice to, for example, look at the native calendar and see both work and personal appointments. Likewise, I woudn't necessarily mind comingled contacts.

The best way to to work with both business and personal data is via categories. In DejaOffice, you can group or filter your data by category, so you can easily separate business and personal data if you need to. CompanionLink will allow you to only sync specific categories back to your ACT! database.

lukev
03-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Thanks Kaena for the information. As a follow-up, do I have to use DejaOffice with my ACT! on my PC and CompanionLink, or can I sync ACT! directly to the native Android databases (calendar, tasks/events)?

On my Bionic now I have the native Android calendar synced with my work data (Outlook exchange server) - if I can sync my ACT! calendar at home also with the native Android calendar will my work/home appointments appear together?

I appreciate the help!

Luke