PDA

View Full Version : Syncing ACT! 6.0 with DejaOffice 1.12.8 with CL Express 5.0 (5022) - Work # Problem

lukev
03-08-2012, 01:07 PM
This week I installed DO and CL Express on my PC running Windows XP Media Center 2002 SP3 and did my first sync. I use ACT! on my home PC with some customized user fields. I configured CL Express appropriately, and after the synch things in DO look really good.

A few problems I'm having that I'd appreciate insight/help with:

ACT! standard Work Phone field - sometimes displays for Contacts in DO, sometimes does not, and other times the ACT! standard Work Fax field appears in same spot in place of Work Phone. When Work Fax does appear, it doesn't display a phone number, but what I store in the ACT! standard Fax Ext field. (Because I ran out of custom fields I needed, I actually put a secondary Contact's work email address in the Fax Ext field. This email address is showing correctly in the DO Contact screen at the bottom of the record.) Up above where the Work Fax is replacing the standard Work Phone field, it displays the secondary Contact's work email address starting with a leading "x" in front of the address (no space) and is not a hyperlink (like other email addresses in DO).

I've gone back to CL Express in Advanced Settings in Field Mapping to double-check I've got the right selections in Work Phone that match the standard field in ACT!. I've checked the data stored in ACT! with the data in same Contacts in DO and things are correct. I just don't know what to do about this series of issues I've outlined.

I appreciate any help and direction someone can provide me on this.

Thanks,

Luke :)

Thomas
03-09-2012, 07:45 AM
This week I installed DO and CL Express on my PC running Windows XP Media Center 2002 SP3 and did my first sync. I use ACT! on my home PC with some customized user fields. I configured CL Express appropriately, and after the synch things in DO look really good.

A few problems I'm having that I'd appreciate insight/help with:

ACT! standard Work Phone field - sometimes displays for Contacts in DO, sometimes does not, and other times the ACT! standard Work Fax field appears in same spot in place of Work Phone. When Work Fax does appear, it doesn't display a phone number, but what I store in the ACT! standard Fax Ext field. (Because I ran out of custom fields I needed, I actually put a secondary Contact's work email address in the Fax Ext field. This email address is showing correctly in the DO Contact screen at the bottom of the record.) Up above where the Work Fax is replacing the standard Work Phone field, it displays the secondary Contact's work email address starting with a leading "x" in front of the address (no space) and is not a hyperlink (like other email addresses in DO).

I've gone back to CL Express in Advanced Settings in Field Mapping to double-check I've got the right selections in Work Phone that match the standard field in ACT!. I've checked the data stored in ACT! with the data in same Contacts in DO and things are correct. I just don't know what to do about this series of issues I've outlined.

I appreciate any help and direction someone can provide me on this.

Thanks,

Luke :)

Hi Luke,

Thanks for posting.

The first questions I have is are you syncing DejaOffice Contacts Data with the Native Android Database?

Please take a look at my signature file and update yours accordingly. That will goa long way

Without that info available, I can recommend a Couple of things below I would try.
1. Run an Act Diag utilitiy scan on your data if you haven't recently.
2. Update to DejaOffice 2.1.5 (this is the latest general release available.)
3. Update to CompanionLink build 5024.

4. Execute a reread of the ACT! Data during a Sync.
- Open CompanionLink Setup
- Click Options
- Click the Reread ACT! Data on next Sync.
- Sync your Device

lukev
03-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your first response. A few things:

I am NOT synching with the native Andriod Contacts or Calendar. I understand this is problematic with DO. I was hoping to do a one way sync from DO to the native Calendar at some point to push over my personal appts to my work appts (on native Calendar from Outlook exchange at work).

I've updated my signature per your suggestions (great idea, sorry didn't see that on other posts before).

I'm not familiar with "ACT Diag Utility" - looked through menus in app and don't see it, and looked in Help and no mention of it. Can you guide me further on this? (I do reindex my database on a regular basis.)

I updated DO to 2.1.5 last night when you all pushed it out.

I downloaded the CL Express 5024 set-up exe and ran it; however, when I open CLE I still see build 5022 on the main screen. Do I have to uninstall 5022 first? Also, when adding an update will it wipe out all my current settings?

I appreciate your continued help.

Luke

Thomas
03-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your first response. A few things:

I am NOT synching with the native Andriod Contacts or Calendar. I understand this is problematic with DO. I was hoping to do a one way sync from DO to the native Calendar at some point to push over my personal appts to my work appts (on native Calendar from Outlook exchange at work).

I've updated my signature per your suggestions (great idea, sorry didn't see that on other posts before).

I'm not familiar with "ACT Diag Utility" - looked through menus in app and don't see it, and looked in Help and no mention of it. Can you guide me further on this? (I do reindex my database on a regular basis.)

I updated DO to 2.1.5 last night when you all pushed it out.

I downloaded the CL Express 5024 set-up exe and ran it; however, when I open CLE I still see build 5022 on the main screen. Do I have to uninstall 5022 first? Also, when adding an update will it wipe out all my current settings?

I appreciate your continued help.

Luke

Hello Luke,

Actually we just posted build 5026 so please update again and make sure CompanionLink Setup is closed, and no CompanionLink processes are running in the system tray before you do that.

ACT Diag instructions are here:
To start ACT!Diag:

Close ACT!
From the Windows Start menu, choose Run.
Type actdiag and click OK. The ACT! Data Diagnostic Tool should appear.

Note: If a more current version of Sage ACT! has been installed, it will be necessary to access the older version of Act!Diag by double clicking on the Act!Diag.exe found in the directory C:\Program Files\ACT.

The main screen provides:

Menus to access the various functions and tools of ACT!Diag.
Icons on the left side to access three of the frequently used functions and to exit the program.
The ACT! Install Directory, as recorded in the system registry.

Note: If the ACT! Install Directory is shown in red, ACT!Diag did not find the ACT.EXE file in the install directory. To fix this reinstall ACT!

lukev
03-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Hi Thomas,

I did everything you suggested and I'm still having the original problem. Check my signature for most current technical stats.

Thanks,

Luke

lukev
03-15-2012, 05:34 PM
Hello Luke,

Actually we just posted build 5026 so please update again and make sure CompanionLink Setup is closed, and no CompanionLink processes are running in the system tray before you do that.

ACT Diag instructions are here:
To start ACT!Diag:

Close ACT!
From the Windows Start menu, choose Run.
Type actdiag and click OK. The ACT! Data Diagnostic Tool should appear.

Note: If a more current version of Sage ACT! has been installed, it will be necessary to access the older version of Act!Diag by double clicking on the Act!Diag.exe found in the directory C:\Program Files\ACT.

The main screen provides:

Menus to access the various functions and tools of ACT!Diag.
Icons on the left side to access three of the frequently used functions and to exit the program.
The ACT! Install Directory, as recorded in the system registry.

Note: If the ACT! Install Directory is shown in red, ACT!Diag did not find the ACT.EXE file in the install directory. To fix this reinstall ACT!

Hi Thomas,

I did everything you suggested and I'm still having the original problem. Check my signature for most current technical stats.

Thanks,

Luke