PDA

View Full Version : Not able to sync outlook from pc to android thru companionlink with dejaoffice

Lyloo Cherian
03-24-2012, 09:46 AM
I am not able to sync my microsoft outlook contacts, calender, task and notes through companion link and dejaofffice. When i click sync it starts syncing but does not effect changes on android and microsoft outlook. BTW I m using Samsung Galaxy Note. Pls help

deb410s
04-14-2012, 05:26 PM
I am having the same problem. I am unable to sync my new Samsung Note with Outlook..Please help! Getting very frustrated.

Hulk
06-04-2012, 06:58 AM
Had the same problem in the beginning and solved it this way:

First thing you have to know is that using android contact / calendar / notes / tasks together with DejaOffice will cause problems (doubled items, mess with phone numbers and things like that). Best way to avoid this from the start is to keep your Outlook .pst-File up to date and clear all Android datas stored in phone (if items stored in phone, sync Outlook with "MyPhone Explorer" to Outlook to get all your items into Outlook, than disable Outlook sync in MyPhone Explorer and clear all items in phone) before initial sync with Outlook. After phone is cleared, follow these steps:

1. Set up DejaOffice and CompanionLink to use DejaUSB Sync. Do not connect phone to PC now!
2. Before first sync, set up CompanionLink to "Sync from Outlook to Android", wiping all Android contact / calendar / tasks / notes data. Outlook should be "Master Data Base" here.
3. Enable Debuggin Mode on Samsung (system settings or DejaOffice sync settings). Open DejaOffice on Android and than perhaps any DejaOffice app (for example "Notes"). This makes DejaOffice run in foreground; if not, DejaOffice might be unable to recognize CompanionLink sync request, this will cause error messages and sync interrupt on PC. Connect Phone to PC now.
4. Start sync in CompanionLink, it should work now. After initial sync, you can switch CompanionLink to "normal" sync in both directions.
5. Only use DejaOffice to edit contacts / Calendar items etc. - DejaOffice syncs to Android apps (which is useful for example for android phone app), but these android apps are unable to handle Outlook format correctly - changing items NOT in DejaOffice may cause loss of data in DejaOffice and Outlook! The contact field "save as" in outlook for example does not exist in android contact app - editing a contact item makes this field entry get lost in Outlook, and you have to edit this by hand in Outlook again.

If CompanionLink is unable to connect to ADB device (happens from time to time or - like on my device - very often), open setup in DejaOffice, than sync options and switch from DeJaUSB to MassStorage and back. This mostly solves this Problem.

Greez

Hulk