PDA

View Full Version : CompanionLink USB 4.0 - still dying in Category Manager

tbessie
07-23-2010, 12:11 AM
In CompanionLink USB 3.0 and now 4.0, the Category Manager - when I click Application Settings - still causes CompanionLink to ungracefully die.

Is there any way I can help you folks debug this?

I know this is the DejaOffice forum, but thought I'd mention it here in case anyone else is having the same problem.

- Tim

tbessie
07-26-2010, 08:49 AM
Is nobody else having this problem?

- Tim

Alan@work
07-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi Tim,

Thought I would chime in, seeing as how you have no response. I am not able to duplicate the same problem you have. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Alan

tbessie
07-26-2010, 10:24 PM
I must have some kind of odd edge case going on, or a driver conflict of some sort (tho' I can't tell what).
I'd like to work with the DejaOffice folks to debug it, once their development cycle calms down a bit.

- Tim

Alan@work
07-27-2010, 09:32 AM
I have found them to be very responsive when I have needed help, so you might consider contacting them now.

Alan

tbessie
07-27-2010, 01:06 PM
I think I wrote to them about this and didn't get an answer back, though we've had correspondence about other problems and they've definitely been responsive.

Since I don't use that aspect of CompanionLink USB yet, it's not been an issue, but it would be good if I could enable some kind of debugging or logging mode so they could see what's going on. I've already done that with DejaOffice itself, but not with my current problem mentioned in this thread.

- Tim

Eric
07-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Tim, you've tried reaching CompanionLink support? They can definitely work with you to get a log of this behavior. I'll have someone there send you an email to check up with you on this.

tbessie
07-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Tim, you've tried reaching CompanionLink support? They can definitely work with you to get a log of this behavior. I'll have someone there send you an email to check up with you on this.

I think I have - if not, my bad. But if you want to do that, I'll work with them to try to fix this.

- Tim

DJOCTO
07-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Tim, what the software does in Category Manager is to read the Category List on your primary database. This is used to create the display.

If there are problems reading the list, it could be an issue. A log would clear that up. I'll send you some logging instructions and you can send back to me.