PDA

View Full Version : DejaOffice won't create recurring entry.

FlaMotoDroidX
07-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Tried it three different times. Tried to exit and restart the program. But each time, only the first entry was created without any recurring. I was using weekly; tried with and without an end date. I am using the DejaOffice withorut syncing just to play with it and see if there are any bugs before deciding whether to purchase the Companionlink software and use the usb sync method. Any fix for this?

DJOCTO
07-24-2010, 11:58 AM
We have a complete rewrite on the Calendar Recurrings that will be posted soon. Until that time, please enter recurring dates on your PC or in Android Calendar.

lsheldone
07-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Oh, so it's not just me. Just starting using the DJO today on my Droid, but couldn't get multiple days of my daughter's summer camp in the calendar, it kept bouncing back to just the first day no matter what I entered. Hopefully when this is fixed, I will be able to enter my firefighter shift calendar. Any idea when this will happen?

Downloaded the free Companionlink software, and my contact list (with categories) went in beautifully. Not sure what's going on with the calendar; the PC sync keeps spinning. When I pressed OK before it stopped spinning, only the contact list and not the calendar were had transferred, so I synced again and will wait for the spinning to stop (soon, I hope).

kscaptivate
07-24-2010, 07:54 PM
We have a complete rewrite on the Calendar Recurrings that will be posted soon. Until that time, please enter recurring dates on your PC or in Android Calendar.

Thanks for posting this tip! The exact same thing happened to me today and I was thinking I was stuck without a real Android calendar solution. It's great to know you guys are actively working on these issues and this app.

Esky1
07-26-2010, 01:35 AM

Downloaded an update last week but recurring events still do not work... Can you let us know when the rewrite that "will be posted soon" will be available. Finding DéjàContacts the best for organizing contacts and phoning, and the Calendar the nearest to Agendus, though still a way to go (yes, it's still early days yet). But just can't use it without recurring events : too risky for making appointments when a recurring event isn't indicated on the calendar.

Really hoping that DéjàOffice will live up to promises... Keep up the good work !

rjbinney
07-26-2010, 02:06 PM
My $0.02... I use Palm Desktop (not Outlook), but if I click the recurring To-Do as "done" on the desktop, it will automagically reschedule it, and sync appropriately. If I click it "done" on the handheld, it goes away.

So, for now, although it requires brain power (argh!), remember to tick your recurring to-do's on the desktop, and you'll be fine.

arcspin
07-27-2010, 05:46 AM
+1 on the "Can you let us know when the rewrite that "will be posted soon" will be available."

Keep up the good work

DJOCTO
07-27-2010, 06:59 AM
Kewl! I had hoped for yesterday. We are still looking at issues with recurriing exceptions on a couple models of phones. I hope they will be resolved today (Tuesday July 27).

rjbinney
07-27-2010, 08:48 PM
My $0.02... I use Palm Desktop (not Outlook), but if I click the recurring To-Do as "done" on the desktop, it will automagically reschedule it, and sync appropriately. If I click it "done" on the handheld, it goes away.

So, for now, although it requires brain power (argh!), remember to tick your recurring to-do's on the desktop, and you'll be fine.

I just realized most folks were talking about recurring events in the calendar, not recurring tasks on the the task list. Sorry!

lsheldone
07-27-2010, 09:01 PM
You're right, though. Recurring events do go from my Palm Desktop to the Deja calendar, but I'm one of those weird people who does everything from my phone and occasionally (which should actually be frequently, as I found out during a phone "crash") syncs to my desktop as a backup. I'm hoping that I'll be able to schedule my recurring events from my Droid very soon!

Jane
07-30-2010, 05:48 PM
I was so dependent on my elegant Palm Centro calendar, and was so frustrated by the awful calender which comes with the Droid Incredible. I thought I had found the holy grail with DejaOffice. I have a LOT of recurring events for medical reasons. I chose your app for all the features such as letting me, the user, set the parameters. Try as I might, I couldn't see any recurrences on the calendar. Like Einstein's definition of idiocy, I sat doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. I want to cry. I am not a tech savvy person. Will the DejaOffice Team notify us in a general email of the fix, or should I check the forum each day? Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.
I would really like to buy this app and CompanionLink as well, if only it would live up to its billing.

DJOCTO
07-31-2010, 07:09 AM
The 1.6.0 beta is now available. It allows you to create recurring entries in DejaCal

http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/showthread.php?250-Beta-Release-DejaOffice-v1.6.0-for-Android&p=1120&viewfull=1#post1120

JTBOOM
08-03-2010, 04:08 PM
I tried the 1.6 Beta version on my wife's Droid X, and it is not working too well. Today is August 3rd, and I have recurring events from 2009 showing up under today. There are only 3 events for today, one of which is recurring, and one of which is an all day event, but DJO shows 14 events today. I think it will work to delete those 11 extra events, since they are completed. Unless someone has a better idea? At least it looks like it is just the same events every day.

laurentdjo
08-04-2010, 12:01 PM
It works now for me after a full purge and reload... We'll see as time goes by !

Windows XP SP3 / Outlook 2003 SP3 / CL Pro 4.0.4006 / Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.1 / DJO 1.6.0b