PDA

View Full Version : DejaOffice 1.3.0

woka
04-19-2012, 05:18 AM
Just dropped new version on and have noticed a little possible error
all syncs fine although when the phone numbers come across in deja contacts to the left of the phone number what looks like a blues comments bubble with 3 dots appear
the contact will still call out however now the phone does not translate the number to the name of the number
meaning lets say the phone number is
1234 belongs to the contact john citizen
prior to update when calling out or an incoming call comes in the display would say
john citizen
now it only says

is this a hiccup or have i set something incorrectly
thanks
woka

iphone 4
windows 7
act 2012
deja office 1.3.0

csmith
04-19-2012, 07:52 AM
1. I synced with my PC for the first time after the update this morning. After the sync, when I attempted to go to "DejaCal" the program crashed. When I started up again, a note flashed very very briefly saying "please wait while DejaOffice initializes" and it returned me to the main DejaOffice screen. This only happens with "DejaCal" but it happens every time I attempt to access "DejaCal". DejaCal worked fine up until I synced. It didn't help to completely shut down the Ipad 1 and start over again.
2. When I access DejaToday, "DejaCalendar" shows meetings for the next 24 hours. So this morning at 8am when I checked, an appointment for tomorrow morning at 7:30am appeared on my DejaToday Calendar. When I checked at 9:15am, a meeting set to begin tomorrow at 9am appeared on my calendar. It wasn't there earlier. It has never done this before.

OTHERWISE, I really like the update. It solved a few problems like the orientation that had been bugging me and looks better. I understand that this is the way things go when you update an app. I appreciate your ongoing efforts to improve the quality of this program. It has become excellent....well except for these bugs.

Thanks!

crb
04-19-2012, 10:53 AM
I cannot get my DO to sync at all: neither calendar, contacts, notes, nor memos. I updated to 1.3.0 today and then tried to sync, but it will not do it. It worked fine before the update. It starts the process as normal but then nothing gets transferred to the iphone. I use Palm on my pc (Windows Vista Home 32 bit) and Companionlink (normal wifi). It says that it is reading the pc data, but as soon as it gets to the end of the read process, DO shuts down on the iphone. The completion bar on the Companionlink window shows that it is about 3/4 done. It just stays there and will not move until I tap on OB on the iphone. The Companionlink window then shuts down. OB then says that it is updating contacts. When I go into the Calendar, there are no entries. The contacts have not been updated. Also, the Calendar goes to the anniversary list box, rather than to the day view, and there seems to be no way to change that so that it always goes to day view.

I was happy enough with DO before the update. Now it does not work at all.

Any advice? Hints?

Thanks.

Thomas
04-19-2012, 02:15 PM
I cannot get my DO to sync at all: neither calendar, contacts, notes, nor memos. I updated to 1.3.0 today and then tried to sync, but it will not do it. It worked fine before the update. It starts the process as normal but then nothing gets transferred to the iphone. I use Palm on my pc (Windows Vista Home 32 bit) and Companionlink (normal wifi). It says that it is reading the pc data, but as soon as it gets to the end of the read process, DO shuts down on the iphone. The completion bar on the Companionlink window shows that it is about 3/4 done. It just stays there and will not move until I tap on OB on the iphone. The Companionlink window then shuts down. OB then says that it is updating contacts. When I go into the Calendar, there are no entries. The contacts have not been updated. Also, the Calendar goes to the anniversary list box, rather than to the day view, and there seems to be no way to change that so that it always goes to day view.

I was happy enough with DO before the update. Now it does not work at all.

Any advice? Hints?

Thanks.

CRB,

If your data is safely backed up on your PC I recommend the following:
1. Make sure you are using the latest build of CompanionLink PC Desktop.
5.0 = build 5028
4.0 = build 4053
http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html
If you were on an older build try to sync with the latest CompanionLink build installed.

If this does not resolve the issue follow these steps:
1. Uninstall DejaOffice on your Apple Device. (Warning all DejaOffice Data will be deleted when the app is uninstalled.)
2. Downlaod DejaOffice again form the AppStore.
3. Launch DejaOffice and run through the application setup wizard.
4. On your PC Desktop open CompanionLink Setup.
5. Click the options menu in the top right corner.
6. Click the Delete all records on Apple device before nect SYnc. (Purge and Reload All in CompanionLink 4.0)
7. Sync your phone.

Does that help?

Thomas
04-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Just dropped new version on and have noticed a little possible error
all syncs fine although when the phone numbers come across in deja contacts to the left of the phone number what looks like a blues comments bubble with 3 dots appear
the contact will still call out however now the phone does not translate the number to the name of the number
meaning lets say the phone number is
1234 belongs to the contact john citizen
prior to update when calling out or an incoming call comes in the display would say
john citizen
now it only says

is this a hiccup or have i set something incorrectly
thanks
woka

iphone 4
windows 7
act 2012
deja office 1.3.0

woka,

I am not seeing this behavior on our end.
Can you please specify a few things:
1. Is DejaOffice configured to Sync with the Apple Contacts application?
2. Does John Citizen show up when you open the Apple Device Contacts application?

Thomas
04-19-2012, 02:22 PM
1. I synced with my PC for the first time after the update this morning. After the sync, when I attempted to go to "DejaCal" the program crashed. When I started up again, a note flashed very very briefly saying "please wait while DejaOffice initializes" and it returned me to the main DejaOffice screen. This only happens with "DejaCal" but it happens every time I attempt to access "DejaCal". DejaCal worked fine up until I synced. It didn't help to completely shut down the Ipad 1 and start over again.
2. When I access DejaToday, "DejaCalendar" shows meetings for the next 24 hours. So this morning at 8am when I checked, an appointment for tomorrow morning at 7:30am appeared on my DejaToday Calendar. When I checked at 9:15am, a meeting set to begin tomorrow at 9am appeared on my calendar. It wasn't there earlier. It has never done this before.

OTHERWISE, I really like the update. It solved a few problems like the orientation that had been bugging me and looks better. I understand that this is the way things go when you update an app. I appreciate your ongoing efforts to improve the quality of this program. It has become excellent....well except for these bugs.

Thanks!

Hello scsmith,

We have one other customer reporting this issue and we are getting a log file form them to try and correct the issue.
If your data is safely backed up on your PC I recommend the following:
1. Make sure you are using the latest build of CompanionLink PC Desktop.
5.0 = build 5028
4.0 = build 4053
http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html
If you were on an older build try to sync with the latest CompanionLink build installed.

If this does not resolve the issue follow these steps:
1. Uninstall DejaOffice on your Apple Device. (Warning all DejaOffice Data will be deleted when the app is uninstalled.)
2. Downlaod DejaOffice again form the AppStore.
3. Launch DejaOffice and run through the application setup wizard.
4. On your PC Desktop open CompanionLink Setup.
5. Click the options menu in the top right corner.
6. Click the Delete all records on Apple device before nect SYnc. (Purge and Reload All in CompanionLink 4.0)
7. Sync your phone.

Trek_Racer
04-20-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm having a similar issue to scssmith.
I have tried all of the troubleshooting methods described to no avail.
If I uninstall and reinstall DejaOffice, it will work after the first sync (with Outlok 2010), but after that initial sync (using build 5028), DejaCal opens for a fraction of a second and then closes. All others work (tasks, contacts, etc.).
Hoping for a fix soon!
Cheers,
TR