PDA

View Full Version : Calendar default view

Granny
04-20-2012, 02:11 AM
I just updated both Companion Link and DejaOffice.
Now, when I open DejaOffice and then select calendar, the view shown is always the "List View".
If I change the calendar view (ie to monthly) then exit the calendar by using the DJO "home" button and do something else, then come back to the calendar, it is back to "List View".
I found no setting to change the default view. Is there a way to set a default view for the calendar?
Thanks -

Michael
04-20-2012, 02:54 PM
I just updated both Companion Link and DejaOffice.
Now, when I open DejaOffice and then select calendar, the view shown is always the "List View".
If I change the calendar view (ie to monthly) then exit the calendar by using the DJO "home" button and do something else, then come back to the calendar, it is back to "List View".
I found no setting to change the default view. Is there a way to set a default view for the calendar?
Thanks -

Granny,

We will check this issue inhouse and report back.
Thanks

mcnash
04-24-2012, 04:57 PM
I have the same problem: Calendar starts in list view (which takes an age to load)

bhutton
04-25-2012, 12:24 PM
If it helps any, I DON'T have the same problem -- good thing, since my list view takes all day to load also (entries go back to 1997!). But my DJO calendar comes up in (I guess it's called) "Today" view, even when I've just had it in list view.

iposchalk
04-25-2012, 08:15 PM
I just loaded Version 1.3.1. It defaults to the List View, which I do not prefer as anything below V1.3.0 used to default to the Daily View. I have never used the List View as it always started at the earliest date in my calendar (1999). Any version I have used has never gone to the current date in the List View. As there are some other major bugs for me in V1.3.0 and V1.3.1, including the default view as per above, I have reverted back to V1.2.11, which is stable. I have logged the other issues, but I wished to add my 2cents on this issue.

Thomas
04-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Everyone,

This behavior has been fixed in DejaOffice 1.3.2.
DejaOffice 1.3.2 has been submitted to Apple for approval. Look for 1.3.2 in the AppStore within the next several days.

iposchalk
05-01-2012, 08:46 PM
I see that V1.3.2 has fixed the default view issue. My continuing problem however is how the List View is displayed. Currently I have records back to 1998 and will eventually put in earlier ones. But, if I select the List View, the view always starts at the earliest records in my calendar. I assume it is meant to show the current date’s records. This has always been an issue for me. I would love it to be fixed, as sometimes it’s the only way to edit records on my iPhone (3GS) when some days are full of records. I sync to Palm Desktop and have reverted back to V1.2.11 due to another issue I have logged regarding Private Contact Records not being able to be displayed since the release of V1.3.0 right through to V1.3.2. Also worth mentioning is that I am in Sydney Australia, just in case it’s a Date and Time Zone issue.

Thomas
05-02-2012, 07:24 AM
I see that V1.3.2 has fixed the default view issue. My continuing problem however is how the List View is displayed. Currently I have records back to 1998 and will eventually put in earlier ones. But, if I select the List View, the view always starts at the earliest records in my calendar. I assume it is meant to show the current dates records. This has always been an issue for me. I would love it to be fixed, as sometimes its the only way to edit records on my iPhone (3GS) when some days are full of records. I sync to Palm Desktop and have reverted back to V1.2.11 due to another issue I have logged regarding Private Contact Records not being able to be displayed since the release of V1.3.0 right through to V1.3.2. Also worth mentioning is that I am in Sydney Australia, just in case its a Date and Time Zone issue.

iposchalk,

I will look into the private records matter. That is a core feature for a lot of users.
iPhone 3Ss - Can you please specify the exact version of iOS installed?
Also the CompanionLink build # as well.
Please see my signature for the information I need. If you could update your sig file that would be very helpful.

Also the List view defaulting to the oldest calendar record is something we are working on. (We don't like it either)

iposchalk
05-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Hi Thomas, my iPhone 3GS is using the latest, iOS5.1. CompanionLink Palm 5029.22 (yes beta as advised by one your team); Palm4.1. Great news about hopefully fixing the List View date issue. I will get to use it then. :-) I will update my sig file asap. The log number for the Private Record issues is [#YZV-237-90729] if that helps.

Thomas
05-11-2012, 02:42 PM
CompanionLink 5030 includes a fix for Palm Desktop Sync. I would be curious if you still experience this issue after updating.

iposchalk
05-12-2012, 05:11 AM
Hi Thomas, CompanionLink 5030 fixed the issue I had in 5028. It was fixed in the beta version 5029.22 which your team advised me to use as well. I see that the List View issue discussed here has not yet been rectified in V1.3.3. I had to revert back to V1.2.11 as V1.3.3 is still unstable (it crashes right out of the app a lot) and has not resolved my reported issue [#YZV-237-90729] of being able to see my private records or not see them when the appropriate selection has been made.

Thomas
07-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Hi Thomas, CompanionLink 5030 fixed the issue I had in 5028. It was fixed in the beta version 5029.22 which your team advised me to use as well. I see that the List View issue discussed here has not yet been rectified in V1.3.3. I had to revert back to V1.2.11 as V1.3.3 is still unstable (it crashes right out of the app a lot) and has not resolved my reported issue [#YZV-237-90729] of being able to see my private records or not see them when the appropriate selection has been made.

iposchalk,

Thanks for the update. We are working on both of the outstanding items you mentioned above.