PDA

View Full Version : Latest dj office update on Apple IPad crashing

RCFAUDIO
04-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Hi

Yesterday I downloaded the very latest iPad update.

After syncing my Act Database today, every time I try to open The Calendar or Contacts the app crashes.

I also use a different Companionlink profile on an iPhone and with the latest iPhone update the program opens the calendar and contacts ok

Any thoughts

Regards
Phil
RCF Audio

Trek_Racer
04-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Hi Phil,
Dying here ........ I just purchased today and I'm having the same issue.
Did you find a fix?
When you say crash, does it give a message?
Mine just immediately closes (I.e.- no major crash ..... Just won't open).
Are you syncing with Outlook?
This is killing me.
Just got it and now can't use.
TR

hedgehogpeter
04-21-2012, 12:57 AM
Same . . . downloaded the update and now the calendar crashes . . . contacts still work but very slow . . . and there is a silly brilliant white home screen. Shame as the product was perfect before . . . now it's useless

Thomas
04-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Some customers have reported this problem with 1.3.0.

Follow these steps:
1. Uninstall DejaOffice. (this will delete your DejaOffice data.)
2. Reinstall DejaOffice. Open the app and run through the setup wizard.)
3. On your PC open Companionlink setup.
4. Click options and select delete all records on Ape device before next sync.
5. Sync your Apple device.

That should fix the problem.

Trek_Racer
04-21-2012, 07:52 PM
I will try again but I'm pretty sure I tried this already. If I remember correctly, it (dejaCal) will open the first time after syncing but sync again and it will no longer open. I have also tried fixing Outlook with the Scanpst.exe program.
So unless something has been changed in DejaOffice in the past day .......doubt this will do the trick.
Can anyone else confirm / refute?
Cheers,
Mike

hedgehogpeter
04-23-2012, 02:17 AM
I have just tried this . . . no improvement at all . . . exactly the same

Can access contacts, but much slower than on the previous version, and calendar just hangs and then crashes

Not a fix at all . . . just a standard ill thought through response

Do now bother trying

Need to wait until they bring out another update, or better still let us download the previous one !

Thomas
04-23-2012, 08:53 AM
I have just tried this . . . no improvement at all . . . exactly the same

Can access contacts, but much slower than on the previous version, and calendar just hangs and then crashes

Not a fix at all . . . just a standard ill thought through response

Do now bother trying

Need to wait until they bring out another update, or better still let us download the previous one !

Peter,

Would you be aqvailable to do some phone troubleshooting today with our QA Dev team?
We would like to extract some log files and take a closer look at this.
Send me a Private message asap with your phone # if you are able to do this.

Best

hedgehogpeter
04-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Peter,

Would you be aqvailable to do some phone troubleshooting today with our QA Dev team?
We would like to extract some log files and take a closer look at this.
Send me a Private message asap with your phone # if you are able to do this.

Best

Not sure how I send a private message . . .

Thomas
04-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Not sure how I send a private message . . .

I pulled the telephone # and will call asap.
Thanks.

Thomas
04-23-2012, 10:43 AM
I pulled the telephone # and will call asap.
Thanks.

Peter,

Thank you for helping with this.
If anyone is experiencing the same behavior as Peter, plz send me a private message asap with a landline number.
We need to gather a couple more special log files from DejaOffice in an effort to program a fast fix for this. This process will take about 5 minutes of your time.

Thanks!

Thomas
04-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Peter,

Thank you for helping with this.
If anyone is experiencing the same behavior as Peter, plz send me a private message asap with a landline number.
We need to gather a couple more special log files from DejaOffice in an effort to program a fast fix for this. This process will take about 5 minutes of your time.

Thanks!

We have gathered enough data! Thanks to everyone who helped out.
We will keep everyone posted on this.

Trek_Racer
04-25-2012, 04:23 AM
Awesome! Is there a timeline?

Trek_Racer
04-25-2012, 06:16 AM
Hey Thomas-
I just got the following trouble shooting advice on this:

Please try the following steps and see if this resolves the issue.
1. Delete and Re-install DJO and re-sync data
2. Go to calendar after every sync

Should I ignore this for now? I know you guys are on to a fix (I hope) and don't want to waste time troubleshooting on my end. Besides- opening DejaCal after every sync is not a solution for me.

Cheers,
TR

Thomas
04-25-2012, 07:40 AM
Hey Thomas-
I just got the following trouble shooting advice on this:

Please try the following steps and see if this resolves the issue.
1. Delete and Re-install DJO and re-sync data
2. Go to calendar after every sync

Should I ignore this for now? I know you guys are on to a fix (I hope) and don't want to waste time troubleshooting on my end. Besides- opening DejaCal after every sync is not a solution for me.

Cheers,
TR

TekRacer,

Here is an update on our end:
The two simple steps outlined above are designed to prevent the Calendar crash issue in DejaOffice 1.3.0.
DejaOffice 1.3.1 was released in the app store last night. This fixes and issue where if the user has contacts that had an address imported from the "Maps" application DejaOffice could close.

Look for DejaOffice 1.3.2 soon for a permanent fix for the DejaCalendar Issue. We have submitted 1.3.2 to Apple and are patiently waiting for the update to post.
In the mean time those steps above are valid.

Trek_Racer
04-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Got it. Thanks.
-TR

iposchalk
04-25-2012, 08:19 PM
I just loaded Version 1.3.1. It crashes just like V1.3.0. I have a few more issues, which I have logged. I have reverted back to V1.2.11, which is stable until the fixes are addressed. J

iPhone 3GS iOS5.1; CompanionLink Palm 5029.22

jja59
04-26-2012, 09:05 AM
Hi Thomas,

What specific fixes will 1.3.2 address?

Thanks,

Jim

Trek_Racer
04-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Oh dear lord Apple !!! Please release the fix !!!
It resolves a couple different issues (see the forum).
-TR

Thomas
04-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Oh dear lord Apple !!! Please release the fix !!!
It resolves a couple different issues (see the forum).
-TR

My sentiments exactly!

jja59
04-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Hi Thomas,

What specific fixes will 1.3.2 address?

Thanks,

Jim

Belinda
04-30-2012, 09:42 AM
Hey Everyone -

Just to clarify, version 1.3.2 will address an issue on iPad where the DejaOffice applications (DejaContacts, DejaCalendar) can crash when opening. We've submitted 1.3.2 to Apple and are waiting for approval right now.

If you need your data immediately and cannot wait on the update please follow these steps -

1. Delete, re-install and reconfigure DejaOffice
http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/How_to_delete_and_reinstall_DejaOffice_for_iOS
2. Open CompanionLink and go to Options - Wipe All Records on next sync
3. Run a sync - When the sync completes make sure you open each app, DejContacts, DejaCalendar, etc. at least once before exiting DejaOffice.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We hope to have the 1.3.2 update in the App Store very soon.

Trek_Racer
04-30-2012, 07:22 PM
.........or just use the newest version 1.3.2 which was just uploaded to the apps store!
Works great.
Enjoy!

Thomas
05-01-2012, 06:50 AM
.........or just use the newest version 1.3.2 which was just uploaded to the apps store!
Works great.
Enjoy!

TR,

So glad to hear 1.3.2 is working out.
Enjoy.

iposchalk
08-13-2012, 04:05 AM
Hi there, I have since downloaded and tested V1.3.4 and it still crashes like I mentioned earlier in this log. I have logged a call on the issue (YZV-237-90729) and a member of your team replicated the issue and stated on 29May12 to hope to get a fix out as soon as possible. I was hoping the fix would be in V1.3.4, but sadly for me it was not. I can still only use V1.2.11. Are you able to help me in giving me a best time estimate on when this issue will be solved and what release it will be incorporated in?

Also, on the iPad, the colour of the category is only displayed in DejaCal, not the other three.

Thomas
08-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Hi there, I have since downloaded and tested V1.3.4 and it still crashes like I mentioned earlier in this log. I have logged a call on the issue (YZV-237-90729) and a member of your team replicated the issue and stated on 29May12 to hope to get a fix out as soon as possible. I was hoping the fix would be in V1.3.4, but sadly for me it was not. I can still only use V1.2.11. Are you able to help me in giving me a best time estimate on when this issue will be solved and what release it will be incorporated in?

Also, on the iPad, the colour of the category is only displayed in DejaCal, not the other three.

iposhcalk,

There is a known issue is DJOI 1.3.4 where the app will crash for a few users when going into calendar list view. We've just submitted a DJOI 1.3.5 update that fixes this problem, so it will probably be available in the App Store within a few days.

In the meantime, the workaround is to just create a calendar event one year in the future. Doesn't matter what you name it, or its duration, etc, it just needs to exist.

Basically, the crash was caused by the list view trying to scroll to a past date. Adding an event in the future prevents that from happening.

iposchalk
08-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Hi Thomas, I will look out for V1.3.5 and hope it fixes the issue I have been having since any V1.3.x release. :-)

Thomas
08-14-2012, 06:43 AM
Hi Thomas, I will look out for V1.3.5 and hope it fixes the issue I have been having since any V1.3.x release. :-)

iposchalk,

You may need to delete DejaOffice form the device and SYnc all your data back to the Apple device.
If you have not tried that yet I strongly recommend it.

Belinda
08-14-2012, 09:43 AM

Ian -

To clarify, the issue regarding category colors & crashing has not yet been addressed and will not be in version 1.3.5. The issue Thomas references below is separate.

We're sorry for the continued inconvenience.

iposchalk
08-22-2012, 06:20 AM
No problems and I believe thay may be addressed in 1.3.6.