PDA

View Full Version : someone throw a dice?

coos
04-25-2012, 04:35 AM
i am using outlook, dejaoff. 2.1.9 and comp.link build 5018 on my samsung gal. S II.
sometimes the sync goes perfect, sometimes just some of the items are synchronised.
when I do sync twice, most of the time all the items are interchanged.
Does someone throw a dice ? :-)

McLion
04-25-2012, 06:04 AM
First, I'd try to update to the latest CL version 5028.

coos
04-25-2012, 06:16 AM
First, I'd try to update to the latest CL version 5028.

sorry, type error, it is 5028. And Android 4.0.3

lukev
04-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Coos,

I've had the same experience as you (although you'll see in my signature details I'm using ACT! instead of Outlook and a different device). My sense from working with CL and DO for several months now is that the applications are generally unstable and have on-going intermittent bugs. I've interacted with their support group, which hasn't been a super positive experience on these issues, and generally the answer is to upgrade to the latest versions (like they're debugging as they go along). Usually the upgrade doesn't fix issues or causes others.

It's VERY frustrating to be in technology yourself an know what you're doing yet not have working applications (CL or DO). Pretty much I can't make any changes on my device (which defeats the purpose of having a sync application), and every day I have to do an overwrite from ACT! to the device. STUPID!!!
Just saying....

coos
04-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Coos,

I've had the same experience as you (although you'll see in my signature details I'm using ACT! instead of Outlook and a different device). My sense from working with CL and DO for several months now is that the applications are generally unstable and have on-going intermittent bugs. I've interacted with their support group, which hasn't been a super positive experience on these issues, and generally the answer is to upgrade to the latest versions (like they're debugging as they go along). Usually the upgrade doesn't fix issues or causes others.

It's VERY frustrating to be in technology yourself an know what you're doing yet not have working applications (CL or DO). Pretty much I can't make any changes on my device (which defeats the purpose of having a sync application), and every day I have to do an overwrite from ACT! to the device. STUPID!!!
Just saying....

update to 5028 :-)

coos

Belinda
04-30-2012, 10:53 AM
coos & lukev -

Let's talk privately - you can send either Thomas or I a private message with some more information about what's not updating, where & when. A lot of times issues like these have very specific causes, and thus fixes - so let's get into the details & update this post for the benefit of everyone after.

Thanks in advance!

lukev
05-01-2012, 01:37 PM
update to 5028 :-)

coos

Hi Coos,

Actually upgraded to their beta release (5029) per their support dept. Hosed my ACT! database and locked me out of it. Downgraded to 5026, restored ACT! and I'm done. Can only do one way sync from ACT! until I locate another product (defeats the purpose of having a PDA on your device to add items and sync to your home PC database). All I can report is that CL does not have a usable bi-directional sync for ACT! with DejaOffice after trying to make it work after several months. And I'm in the industry. :( Nice, helpful folks but keeping it real...

I'm going to email Belinda per her last post and give her my support ticket number. She can get all the gory details from CL's ticketing system.