PDA

View Full Version : Disaster! Calendar won't sync any more (and categories messed up)

mcnash
04-25-2012, 01:07 PM
Can anyone help, please? When I try to sync with Palm Desktop 4, using CompanionLink, contacts, tasks and memos seem to sync ok.

But Calendar won't sync:
Phone display says "waiting for PC data"; laptop display says "reading palm desktop calendar [number] (QuickSync)" - number increases to about 4000
Then DJO closes down and message on laptop says "Completed Calendar" - but green bar is frozen about 3/4 of the way along, and there are no entries on the phone. Eventually I get "connection to dejaoffice was lost", but the companionlink process window withe the green bar is still there.
I've updated companionlink today, i've uninstalled and reinstalled djo, set it to sync calendar only, wiping apple device first - nothing helps.

Also, bizarrely, it's created a whole lot of new categories from random lines of my memos...

I really need this to be sorted asap, please - I rely on my iphone as a diary/organizer. thanks

Thomas
05-02-2012, 07:47 AM
Can anyone help, please? When I try to sync with Palm Desktop 4, using CompanionLink, contacts, tasks and memos seem to sync ok.

But Calendar won't sync:
Phone display says "waiting for PC data"; laptop display says "reading palm desktop calendar [number] (QuickSync)" - number increases to about 4000
Then DJO closes down and message on laptop says "Completed Calendar" - but green bar is frozen about 3/4 of the way along, and there are no entries on the phone. Eventually I get "connection to dejaoffice was lost", but the companionlink process window withe the green bar is still there.
I've updated companionlink today, i've uninstalled and reinstalled djo, set it to sync calendar only, wiping apple device first - nothing helps.

Also, bizarrely, it's created a whole lot of new categories from random lines of my memos...

I really need this to be sorted asap, please - I rely on my iphone as a diary/organizer. thanks

mcnash,

DejaOffice 1.3.2 should have resolved this issue.
Let us know if you are still having any problems.

lakeside
05-09-2012, 01:00 AM
Thomas,

Thanks for quick release of DJO 1.3.2. It seems to fix the Calendar sync issue, but not completely. I still get "connection to dejaoffice was lost ...." error message. But as long as I acknowledge the error message, the calendar syc will continue to complete. My Calendar syc usually takes 30 minutes long. I have to check "wipe Calendar on Apple device before sync" in Companionlink in order to have Calendar sync successful. If I uncheck it, I will get "connection to dejaoffice was lost ...." error message and nothing sync from palm desktop to apple device.

The creations of new categories in DJO after sync seems to be related to the "unfiled" category in Palm Desktop. If I have any items with "unfiled" category in Task, Contacts or Memos in Palm Desktop, new categories from random lines will be generated in DJO in Task, Contacts or Memo, respectively. My quick fix is to file the unfiled items to a named category and no random category is generated in DJO. But this fix does not work for my calendar sync because I get thousands of appointments in palm calendar with unfiled category. It is impractical to change category for all of them. So I still have random category generated in DejaCalendar after sync each time.

I look forward to a fix in new release of DJO/CL.
Thanks again.

Thomas
05-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Thomas,

Thanks for quick release of DJO 1.3.2. It seems to fix the Calendar sync issue, but not completely. I still get "connection to dejaoffice was lost ...." error message. But as long as I acknowledge the error message, the calendar syc will continue to complete. My Calendar syc usually takes 30 minutes long. I have to check "wipe Calendar on Apple device before sync" in Companionlink in order to have Calendar sync successful. If I uncheck it, I will get "connection to dejaoffice was lost ...." error message and nothing sync from palm desktop to apple device.

The creations of new categories in DJO after sync seems to be related to the "unfiled" category in Palm Desktop. If I have any items with "unfiled" category in Task, Contacts or Memos in Palm Desktop, new categories from random lines will be generated in DJO in Task, Contacts or Memo, respectively. My quick fix is to file the unfiled items to a named category and no random category is generated in DJO. But this fix does not work for my calendar sync because I get thousands of appointments in palm calendar with unfiled category. It is impractical to change category for all of them. So I still have random category generated in DejaCalendar after sync each time.

I look forward to a fix in new release of DJO/CL.
Thanks again.

Lakeside,

Try updating ComapnionLink to build #5030.
There is a WiFi stability fix in the release notes. This should resolve the issue you are having.

lakeside
05-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Thomas,

I tried CL5030 and DJO1.3.2 to sync Calendar from PalmDesktop to DJO with "wipe Calendar on Apple device before sync" unchecked. After thousands of calendar entries were read in DJO (5-10 mins), the CL reported "connection to dejaoffice was lost" and DJO showed "sync complete". But no new calendar entries in PalmDesktop were synced to DJO. Thanks.

Thomas
05-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Thomas,

I tried CL5030 and DJO1.3.2 to sync Calendar from PalmDesktop to DJO with "wipe Calendar on Apple device before sync" unchecked. After thousands of calendar entries were read in DJO (5-10 mins), the CL reported "connection to dejaoffice was lost" and DJO showed "sync complete". But no new calendar entries in PalmDesktop were synced to DJO. Thanks.

Lakeside:

Please verify if calendar data displays in the DejaOffice List View. - If it is in List view then it is a DejaOffice Rendereing issue. If data does not display in list view it is a Sync issue or a Data Storage issue on the phone.
Is Sync with Apple Calendar App turned on?
Have you tried Uninstalling DejaOffice from the Apple Device, Reinstalling DejaOffice, then doing a complete "Wipe All Records from Apple Device before Sync"?
It sounds like something is amiss in DejaOffice.

Also turn on logging in CompanionLink and DejaOffice prior to Syncing, and make sure your Apple device is plugged into a Power Supply for the Sync.

lakeside
05-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Thomas,

I just checked list view, the new entry in PalmDesktop calendar was not synced to DJO on iphone.

Sync with Apple Calendar app was not turned on, and iPhone was plugged to power supply. I have not tried uninstall and reinstall DJO, but will test it when DJO1.3.3 shows up in itunes. As I said in my previous post, when "wipe Calendar on Apple device before sync" in Companionlink was checked (tested with 5028), calendar syc will succeed even with pop message "link to DJO lost...". Since calendar sync takes long (30min), I do not sync it often. Thanks for troubleshooting!

Thomas
05-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Thomas,

I just checked list view, the new entry in PalmDesktop calendar was not synced to DJO on iphone.

Sync with Apple Calendar app was not turned on, and iPhone was plugged to power supply. I have not tried uninstall and reinstall DJO, but will test it when DJO1.3.3 shows up in itunes. As I said in my previous post, when "wipe Calendar on Apple device before sync" in Companionlink was checked (tested with 5028), calendar syc will succeed even with pop message "link to DJO lost...". Since calendar sync takes long (30min), I do not sync it often. Thanks for troubleshooting!

Got it. That is why I suggested a delete and reinstall of DejaOffice. I suspect a corrupted database file in DejaOffice. Deleting the app destroys the DB and reinstalling will build a new one.