PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for DejaOffice (iPad)

Trek_Racer
05-01-2012, 01:47 PM
I don't think that what I'm thinking of in theory is actually possible (for some reason Thomas told me at some point) but never the less ..... here is my wish:
That either:
a.- DejaOffice could sync at a specified time (so that I don't forget at the end of the day before I leave the office) or
b.- CompanionLink sync would launch at a specified time (which would remind me to go ahead and click on "Sync" at that time). In my case, I'd probably have it remind me at 4:45 p.m.
Like I said, ideally it would autosync around that time before I left the office.
Thanks,
TR

Thomas
05-02-2012, 08:39 AM
I don't think that what I'm thinking of in theory is actually possible (for some reason Thomas told me at some point) but never the less ..... here is my wish:
That either:
a.- DejaOffice could sync at a specified time (so that I don't forget at the end of the day before I leave the office) or
b.- CompanionLink sync would launch at a specified time (which would remind me to go ahead and click on "Sync" at that time). In my case, I'd probably have it remind me at 4:45 p.m.
Like I said, ideally it would autosync around that time before I left the office.
Thanks,
TR

T_R

At this point there is not real comprehensive auto sync ability with DejaOffice for Apple Devices.
We have some products in development that will address this.
We hear you and we are working on it.

At this point the closest solution is using Secure Hosted Wireless Sync.
That can be configured on the PC to Auto Sync and a sync timer feature is included in the Advanced Settings.
However that only syncs the date from your PC to the Server.
On the device side the user still needs to initiate a sync to get the data to their device.
I am a big fan of Secure Hosted Sync. I use it and I like not be dependent on my proximity with my PC to Sync.
My Data on my PC is always pushed to the server, whener I tap "Sync" in DejaOffice, I get a mirror image of my Outlook Data on my iPhone.