PDA

View Full Version : Understanding "outlook to device" vs. "device to outlook"

Megan
05-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Can someone help me to understand how "outlook to device" works and exactly what this means?
Will the data in my device be overwritten, or duplicated by updated outlook data.

And the same for "device to outlook". Will the data in my outlook file be overwritten or duplicated by updated device data?

I understand that with a sync both ways I can select "most recently updated"
and I understand that with a wipe and reload I can wipe all data on my device and replace with data on outlook.

But I do not understand how the outlook to device or device to outlook work or how comprehensive they are in their replacement of data.
So that I will know when to use that option.

Thanks for an explanation.

Megan

Thomas
05-02-2012, 07:19 AM
Can someone help me to understand how "outlook to device" works and exactly what this means?
Will the data in my device be overwritten, or duplicated by updated outlook data.

And the same for "device to outlook". Will the data in my outlook file be overwritten or duplicated by updated device data?

I understand that with a sync both ways I can select "most recently updated"
and I understand that with a wipe and reload I can wipe all data on my device and replace with data on outlook.

But I do not understand how the outlook to device or device to outlook work or how comprehensive they are in their replacement of data.
So that I will know when to use that option.

Thanks for an explanation.

Megan

Hello Megan,

Welcome to the forums. I would be happy to help. Maybe we could start with the note in my signature.
Or at least a note on your current configuration and software installed. Then we can discuss what options you have with our solutions and we will try to help you get up to speed.

To illustrate, I would have a completely different answer to that question depending on the Apple Device you use.
So the more info we have about your setup, the easier it is to answer questions and make suggestions.

Megan
05-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Hi Thomas
Mobile Device and OS iPhone4
DejaOffice version# 1.3.2
CompanionLink build #5028
Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..) Outlook
Sync Method with CompanionLink Wifi sycn

THanks,
Megan

Thomas
05-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Hello Megan,

Welcome to the forums. I would be happy to help. Maybe we could start with the note in my signature.
Or at least a note on your current configuration and software installed. Then we can discuss what options you have with our solutions and we will try to help you get up to speed.

To illustrate, I would have a completely different answer to that question depending on the Apple Device you use.
So the more info we have about your setup, the easier it is to answer questions and make suggestions.

Outlook to device means that no changes made or saved in DejaOffice sync back to Outlook.
Every time you sync the expected behavior is that DejaOffice will now reflect what was in Outlook when the Sync started.

Device to Outlook would be the opposite. Everything edited and changed in DejaOffice will be synced to Outlook. Changes in Outlook would be lost.