PDA

View Full Version : syncing new Droid contacts into Deja contacts

Bluesnowman
07-25-2010, 12:31 AM
Ok, I got my contacts from the deja contacts into the droid contacts and am a happy camper, as it worked perfectly with all details of contacts in place. The trick was going into droid contacts, display settings and checking everything.

Now I see that the Deja contacts are not updating (syncing) the new new entries from the droid contacts. I have sync checked in deja menu. Anyone know how to make this happen?

Thnx

G

DJOCTO
07-25-2010, 06:37 AM
A new contact in AndroidCountacts, should always go to DejaContacts if you a) Sync with CL USB or b) select Read Android Data in DejaOffice.

What type of phone are you using?

Bluesnowman
07-25-2010, 09:11 AM
I have Moto Droid 2.1

Last time I hit the "read android" button all my 1400 droid contacts vanished. Any idea why that would happen?
Also where does Deja store deja contact info? At one point I had uninstalled it for quite a while, then when I reinstalled it, it still had my contacts saved.

Thanx!

Eric
07-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Are you displaying all of your contact groups? Typically contacts will be deleted only if they were also deleted in DejaOffice.

The DejaOffice database is stored on your Android's SD card, in a folder named "clusb".

Bluesnowman
07-31-2010, 08:01 PM
You mean displaying all contact grps on the droid contact app? Yes.

I want to know how to update the deja contacts when I add a new contact to the droid, it also gets added to deja contacts.

Thnx

Bluesnowman
07-31-2010, 08:02 PM
You mean displaying all contact grps on the droid contact app? Yes.

I want to know how to update the deja contacts when I add a new contact to the droid, it also gets added to deja contacts.

Thnx

DJOCTO
08-01-2010, 08:38 AM

DejaContacts is our application. So we have control of that. We don't control Android Contacts.

If you add a Contact to DejaContacts, and you have the setting to synchronize to Android Contacts, it is automatically added to Android Contacts.

If you add a Contact to Android Contacts, DejaOffice won't know about it until you a) Syncronize to the PC, or b) select "Read Android Contacts" from the DejaOffice menu.

I hope this information helps.

Bluesnowman
08-02-2010, 12:52 PM
I am afraid to hit "read android" button beecause last time I did all my droid contacts disapeared and I don't understand why.

Jason
08-02-2010, 02:23 PM
If you are worried about running the "read android" option you could turn Google contacts sync on, let the contacts sync to Google, and then back them up from there. FYI, the only time DejaOffice should remove any contacts from the native contacts is when it detects that the contacts have been deleted in DejaOffice first.

Bluesnowman
08-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Forget backing up with google...its a nightmare. That's why I'm trying to make thiss sysytem work
My deja contacts were not deleted last time I hit read android so I. Still don't get why that would happen.

Jason
08-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Bluesnowman-
I agree, the Google contacts sync is not that reliable at all. If you didn't lose contacts in DejaOffice, but did in native my guess is that when our sync ran in DejaOffice we made Google mad somehow so it deleted them. I think you are best off disabling the Google contacts sync then. Also, I thought of another way to back up you data, besides backing it up on the PC. Mount your phone to your PC in USB drive mode. Look for the clusb folder on your SD card. Copy that folder to an alternate location. If you have any problems after a sync, you can just replace that backup folder with the existing one and it'll restore your DejaOffice data.