PDA

View Full Version : One-way syncing to a second PC still buggy

McLion
05-20-2012, 03:30 AM
Hi

Syncing with my main PC and the Device runs quite stable lately.
However, syncing the data one-way to a second PC is still buggy with the same as reported about a year ago!

Syncing the birthday calendar entries just messes up completely.

- Birthday calendar entries in OL are all belonging to a Bday category/color and don't have an alarm set
- This can be verified on the Android in DJO and is perfectly synced from the main PC to the device.
- Though everything is set to on-way from Android to OL in CL, I completely cleared the calendar in OL ... just to make sure ..
- After the sync I get the following results:

1. I get all of the bdays, correct without alarm and with the correct color/category,
but with a wrong year for the most of them. They have the correct day and month, but the year is set to either 1970 or 2007.

2. About half of the bdays are duplicated in OL,
with the correct date/month/year, but with an alarm set and without a color/category

What a mess!

I would really deeply appreciate if this bug can finally be fixed.
McL

Thomas
05-22-2012, 08:05 AM
Hi

Syncing with my main PC and the Device runs quite stable lately.
However, syncing the data one-way to a second PC is still buggy with the same as reported about a year ago!

Syncing the birthday calendar entries just messes up completely.

- Birthday calendar entries in OL are all belonging to a Bday category/color and don't have an alarm set
- This can be verified on the Android in DJO and is perfectly synced from the main PC to the device.
- Though everything is set to on-way from Android to OL in CL, I completely cleared the calendar in OL ... just to make sure ..
- After the sync I get the following results:

1. I get all of the bdays, correct without alarm and with the correct color/category,
but with a wrong year for the most of them. They have the correct day and month, but the year is set to either 1970 or 2007.

2. About half of the bdays are duplicated in OL,
with the correct date/month/year, but with an alarm set and without a color/category

What a mess!

I would really deeply appreciate if this bug can finally be fixed.
McL

McL,

I just had a meeting with our QA team and here is the expected behavior for Syncing birthdays.
We can sync the birthday calendar from Outlook to DejaOffice.
However, if Sync with Android Calendar is turned on in DejaOffice the behavior you are reporting is expected. There is a issue with the Android Calendar handling those events. It is a platform issue between Android/Outlook.

If DejaOffice is not syncing with the Android Calendar in your situation, then this is a bug and we can get a log file to look at trying to resolve it.

McLion
05-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Thomas,

DejaOffice is not syncing with the Android Calendar.
I'll prepare a log from DJO and CL and send it to you.

Thanks and best regards
Franz

McLion
05-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Me again.
I have to make some additions. Take one recurring entry as a sample:
Recurring calendar item: Begin 24.05.1961, End 24.05.1961, Frequency: annual
After syncing to DJO and looking at the item in the calendar it shows "all day" 24.05.2012, annual ... (not opened to edit!).
Opening to edit asks for: this..., all..., future ... or quit -> I select all and it opens to edit, showing me:
From: 24.05.1970, to 24.05.1970, Series-end is set to none but the date field caries a strange 24.05.1975

So, the bug seems to happen on the normal sync from the PC to the Device and seems to have nothing to do with the second PC.
Thomas, maybe you remember, I already reported this last year ... what happened?
I'll send you the DJO log.
Franz

Btw: It would be very nice to see the beginning or end date (specially the year!) when looking at the calendar entry. Showing the current year makes no sense and one is forced to open the entry to edit to see the originating year.

McLion
05-25-2012, 06:52 AM
Any news on that?

McLion
06-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Hey, somebody alive here?
I am still suffering this issue, even with the latest version. It even makes it easier to confirm since now "Linked Records" are shown in the contacts.
Sample 1: Contaxct shows Birthday: 10.03.1963, and right below "Linked Records" shows: 10.03.2007 13.00
Sample 2: Contaxct shows Birthday: 28.11.1962, and right below "Linked Records" shows: 28.11.2007 13.00
Sample 3: Contaxct shows Birthday: 07.05.1966, and right below "Linked Records" shows: 07.05.1970 13.00
So, there is a problem obviously, since in OL these are all correct and the wrong date always uses 1970 or 2007.
Do I have to take this silence as consent?

Thomas
06-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Hey, somebody alive here?
I am still suffering this issue, even with the latest version. It even makes it easier to confirm since now "Linked Records" are shown in the contacts.
Sample 1: Contaxct shows Birthday: 10.03.1963, and right below "Linked Records" shows: 10.03.2007 13.00
Sample 2: Contaxct shows Birthday: 28.11.1962, and right below "Linked Records" shows: 28.11.2007 13.00
Sample 3: Contaxct shows Birthday: 07.05.1966, and right below "Linked Records" shows: 07.05.1970 13.00
So, there is a problem obviously, since in OL these are all correct and the wrong date always uses 1970 or 2007.
Do I have to take this silence as consent?

McLion,

I fully believe there is an issue here.
Is this data as reported above in DejaOffice or in Outlook as well? I am reading this as being in DejaOffice.
My memory tells me you do not Sync with the Android Calendar. (Sig file would be helpful on this)

McLion
06-06-2012, 11:43 PM
McLion,
Is this data as reported above in DejaOffice or in Outlook as well? I am reading this as being in DejaOffice.
My memory tells me you do not Sync with the Android Calendar. (Sig file would be helpful on this)

Data is perfect in OL. It is just DO that shows wrong dates in contacts as well as in the calendar.
Your memory is correct, I sync with Android contacts only and not with the calendar.

Thomas
06-07-2012, 06:54 AM
Data is perfect in OL. It is just DO that shows wrong dates in contacts as well as in the calendar.
Your memory is correct, I sync with Android contacts only and not with the calendar.

SO correct me if I am wrong here -
System 1 = 2 way sync with Android device.
System 2 = 1 Way sync (Android to Outlook? Or Outlook to Android)

Both systems using USBMass Storage the same build of CompanionLink.

McLion
06-07-2012, 07:09 AM
SO correct me if I am wrong here -
System 1 = 2 way sync with Android device.
System 2 = 1 Way sync (Android to Outlook? Or Outlook to Android)

System 1 = 2 way sync Outlook with Android device.
System 2 = 1 Way sync Android device to Outlook.

But let's forget about the System 2 sync for the moment. The problem described here arises on a normal 1 System sync. I'd say lets get the basics right first before adding System 2 in.
While debugging the System 2 sync I found that the problem indeed is the basic System 1 sync, so I currently stopped syncing System 2 until the basics are working as supposed. I'd change the thread title, but I can't .. or don't know why ;)

Thomas
06-07-2012, 09:51 AM
System 1 = 2 way sync Outlook with Android device.
System 2 = 1 Way sync Android device to Outlook.

But let's forget about the System 2 sync for the moment. The problem described here arises on a normal 1 System sync. I'd say lets get the basics right first before adding System 2 in.
While debugging the System 2 sync I found that the problem indeed is the basic System 1 sync, so I currently stopped syncing System 2 until the basics are working as supposed. I'd change the thread title, but I can't .. or don't know why ;)

OK GOt it.

If this were me I would:

1. Run a scanpst.exe on my Outlook Data. - http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Outlook_ScanPST_or_ScanOST_instructions
2. Visually check the Records in Outlook to verify they are in tact correctly.
3. Backup Outlook PST file after running SCANPST.exe and checking the data.
4. Open CompanionLink setup and turn on Logging for 5 days. "CTRL"+"SHIFT"+"U"
5. Click options in the Setup app and Select Wipa all records on Android Device before Sync.
6. Sync your Phone.
7. Check the DejaOffice data for integrity for the next few days every time you Sync.
8. Submit log file asap if you know there is a problem that the log file captured with a summary of the ames of the affected records.

McLion
06-07-2012, 10:11 AM
OK GOt it.
1. Run a scanpst.exe on my Outlook Data. - http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Outlook_ScanPST_or_ScanOST_instructions
2. Visually check the Records in Outlook to verify they are in tact correctly.
3. Backup Outlook PST file after running SCANPST.exe and checking the data.
4. Open CompanionLink setup and turn on Logging for 5 days. "CTRL"+"SHIFT"+"U"
5. Click options in the Setup app and Select Wipa all records on Android Device before Sync.
6. Sync your Phone.
7. Check the DejaOffice data for integrity for the next few days every time you Sync.
8. Submit log file asap if you know there is a problem that the log file captured with a summary of the ames of the affected records.

I did that many times, to no avail. I'll not be back at the office until tomorrow and I'll try once more.

1. Run scanost many times (ost ist the pst version when running with an Exchange Server)
2. Did many times. Last time yesterday before 5.
3. .. even recreated a new ost many times ...
4. Had logging turned on and sent to you month's ago
5. Did multiple times ... just yesterday, twice
6. ..
7. After the first sync - even with wiping all the data - , it's already faulty! It never gets to the device correct!
8. I'll do that again too.

McLion
06-08-2012, 01:45 AM
I just did it all again, even run scanost and scanpst (which works for both, ost and pst).
I can't help it, the bug shows itself perfectly.

Opening a contact that has an entry in the bday field and a linked recurring event, CL shows:
Birthday: 10.03.1963 (which is correct)
Linked Records: bday von xy 10.03.2007 13.00 (which perfectly shows the bug)

btw: where does it take 13.00 from? It is set nowhere in OL. In OL it shows:
Begin: So 10.03.1963 00:00
End: Mo 11.03.1963 00:00
No reminder set, annually repeating event

Which files do you want me to send to you?

Thomas
06-08-2012, 07:19 AM
I just did it all again, even run scanost and scanpst (which works for both, ost and pst).
I can't help it, the bug shows itself perfectly.

Opening a contact that has an entry in the bday field and a linked recurring event, CL shows:
Birthday: 10.03.1963 (which is correct)
Linked Records: bday von xy 10.03.2007 13.00 (which perfectly shows the bug)

btw: where does it take 13.00 from? It is set nowhere in OL. In OL it shows:
Begin: So 10.03.1963 00:00
End: Mo 11.03.1963 00:00
No reminder set, annually repeating event

Which files do you want me to send to you?

Log from DejaOffice and from CompanionLink if you have both.

McLion
06-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Sent you an email.

Belinda
06-11-2012, 03:41 PM
McLion -

The issue you're seeing happens because of a change to Daylight Savings Time in 2007. The issue should only affect recurring events within a 3-6 month period in March - which correlates with the date you specify.

Please upgrade to the latest version of CompanionLink, here: www.companionlink.com/inhouse

Is the issue still reproducible?

McLion
06-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Great! Thanks!
This seems to have fixed the year issue. I'll do further testing and let you know the outcome.