PDA

View Full Version : Sync Outlook-DO: completion of tasks not synced - not regognized as change??

MG111
05-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Hallo,

when I sync DO with Outlook some/all task completion done on DO are NOT recognized and therefore not synced. So the tasks still stay as "uncompleted" in Outlook. When I check "reread android data on next sync" the sync is done correctly ...

Please fix this bug!

Michael

McLion
05-29-2012, 12:19 AM
Just to make sure: Did you check Transfer completed records in CL?

MG111
05-29-2012, 01:23 AM
Yes, I did.

And one more information: The change of alarm time only (e.g. appointment 5 days --> 3 days) seems also to be not synced. When changing some text, it is done ...

I'm not sure, whether it depends on syncing with two PCs, because this behavior also happens when changing elements in DO directly ...

Michael

Thomas
05-29-2012, 08:54 AM
Yes, I did.

And one more information: The change of alarm time only (e.g. appointment 5 days --> 3 days) seems also to be not synced. When changing some text, it is done ...

I'm not sure, whether it depends on syncing with two PCs, because this behavior also happens when changing elements in DO directly ...

Michael

MG11,

I would suggest turning off Optimized update sync on both systems.
Click the options menu in CompanionLink Setup to change this setting.

MG111
05-29-2012, 10:13 AM
MG11,

I would suggest turning off Optimized update sync on both systems.
Click the options menu in CompanionLink Setup to change this setting.

This is already switched off.

It seems, that a sync on PC1 "changes" data that is is not recognized on PC2 as "changed", doesn't it?

Michael

Thomas
05-29-2012, 11:37 AM
This is already switched off.

It seems, that a sync on PC1 "changes" data that is is not recognized on PC2 as "changed", doesn't it?

Michael

Michael,

Is this behavior affecting all 4 sync applications?
Contacts
Calendar
Tasks
Notes

Or is it a subset of apps?

Also what is your conflict handling setting?
Go to CompanionLink Setup
Click the gear next to Outlook 200-2010
What is set in handling conflicts?

MG111
05-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Michael,

Is this behavior affecting all 4 sync applications?
Contacts
Calendar
Tasks
Notes

Or is it a subset of apps?

Because there are no "completion" of other elements, only calendar and task elements are affected.

Also what is your conflict handling setting?
Go to CompanionLink Setup
Click the gear next to Outlook 200-2010
What is set in handling conflicts?

Last changes are kept.

Please remind: It works, when "reread of android" is active. Even if I did a "normals" sync where some elements are not synced (completed tasks), a second sync with "reread" will do the job correctly ...

Michael

Thomas
05-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Because there are no "completion" of other elements, only calendar and task elements are affected.

Last changes are kept.

Please remind: It works, when "reread of android" is active. Even if I did a "normals" sync where some elements are not synced (completed tasks), a second sync with "reread" will do the job correctly ...

Michael

I would expect if System 1 has been synced correctly, that on System 2 Reread Android Data would verify all new changes came across.
Let me know if you experience otherwise.

MG111
05-30-2012, 07:56 AM
I do not understand, what you mean. A reread does always work correctly. The problem is, that even after a correct sync on PC1, the "normal" sync on PC2 is "incomplete".

Michael

MG111
06-03-2012, 03:00 PM
FYI, the problem occured right now again: Tasks are not synced correctly. Now I started a reread ...

and now it worked! Tasks were "completed" and changes of Start/Reminder date and time were set correctly. Without reread log says "returning as same" ...

(Support case [#NDX-420-90989])

Michael

Thomas
09-03-2012, 09:27 PM
FYI, the problem occured right now again: Tasks are not synced correctly. Now I started a reread ...

and now it worked! Tasks were "completed" and changes of Start/Reminder date and time were set correctly. Without reread log says "returning as same" ...

(Support case [#NDX-420-90989])

Michael

Michael,

Is this behavior occurring in 5036?

MG111
09-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Up to now it seems to work.

But I had a strange behavior a few days ago: I snoozed a (recurring) task several times. After completing it, the new task was created correctly but the alarm was set one day before it should be set to. Eg start/due/alarm each 1st day of month. The new alarm day was 30. Sept instead of 1.Okt. I changed the day manually and now it seems to work again. Maybe a bug in an old beta, which changed the data of the series?

Michael

Thomas
09-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Up to now it seems to work.

But I had a strange behavior a few days ago: I snoozed a (recurring) task several times. After completing it, the new task was created correctly but the alarm was set one day before it should be set to. Eg start/due/alarm each 1st day of month. The new alarm day was 30. Sept instead of 1.Okt. I changed the day manually and now it seems to work again. Maybe a bug in an old beta, which changed the data of the series?

Michael

Hard to tell unless we can reproduce it again. Let me know asap if this occurs again.

MG111
09-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Michael,

Is this behavior occurring in 5036?

Thomas,

problem occured again with CL 5040. I synced on my home PC (after sync on my office PC this afternoon) and some task were not marked as "completed" in Outlook. I activated "reread Android data", synced again, and the tasked were marked as completed ...

Michael

MG111
09-10-2012, 01:48 AM
Thomas,

and same problem when first syncing with office PC after weekend (with sync at home). Without reread of Android data, tasks completed on Android were not recognized. The tasks stayed still uncompleted in Outlook. (Maybe other elements - calendar, notes, etc) are also affected, but you can see it best with tasks, of course.

PLEASE FIX!

Michael

MG111
09-10-2012, 01:49 AM
Thomas,

and same problem when first syncing with office PC after weekend (with sync at home). Without reread of Android data, tasks completed on Android were not recognized. The tasks stayed still uncompleted in Outlook. (Maybe other elements - calendar, notes, etc) are also affected, but you can see it best with tasks, of course.

PLEASE FIX!

Michael

MG111
09-10-2012, 05:12 AM
Additional info: Recurring tasks make special problems.

I have a series, start/due/alarm weekly on monday.
Today on 9/10 the alarm came up on android AND Outlook.

I completed the current task of this series on android only, than synced with office PC (first without reread).

In outlook a task showed up start/due on 9/17 but with alarm today ...
A sync with reread led to a task series with alarm one week after start/due ...

So the very first sync on a PC has to be done with reread of android data. Then everything works fine. Maybe this can be implemented in the CL, simply by saving an ID of the PC which was synced to. If it changed, the sync is done with reread (please ONLY android data!!!).

Michael

Michael

MG111
09-13-2012, 02:21 AM
Thomas,

any feedback from dev team on this?

Michael

MG111
09-13-2012, 02:25 AM
Thomas,

Michael

MG111
09-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Thomas,

Michael

McLion
10-01-2012, 02:56 AM
If I were you ... I'd open a ticket ... leads to a better chance for an answer.

MG111
10-01-2012, 03:21 AM
There is a ticket (still) open ... :-|

Michael

McLion
10-01-2012, 04:16 AM
.. Ooops ..

Thomas
10-01-2012, 08:10 AM
Thomas,

Michael

Michael,

I will check on this. Apologies for the delayed response.