PDA

View Full Version : DejaContacts Custom Field views

bigbobbyboogie
06-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Hi, I am new to DejaOffice. I've been using it for about 2 weeks with a new iPhone 4s.

I am syncing with Outlook 2003 with CompanionLink and this is working great.

I didn't realize by default I would see the Notes field when viewing my contacts, as I fill a lot of information in the Notes field for my contacts in Outlook, I need to "see" that information.

So, in Settings>DejaContacts, I had set-up the Custom Fields under Custom 1 as Notes.

Now when I view a contact is see the "Notes" field twice, once under the "Custom" heading and once under the "Notes" heading.

I have tried deleting the Notes in Custom 1 field. I have also tried reinputting "Custom 1" into the Custom 1 field as that is how it was by default, but I still see the Custom 1 field as the Notes (cut-off mind you, so not very helpful) as well as the actual Note field.

How do a remove the Custom field from being seen when viewing a contact in DejaContacts?

Thanks.

Thomas
06-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Hi, I am new to DejaOffice. I've been using it for about 2 weeks with a new iPhone 4s.

I am syncing with Outlook 2003 with CompanionLink and this is working great.

I didn't realize by default I would see the Notes field when viewing my contacts, as I fill a lot of information in the Notes field for my contacts in Outlook, I need to "see" that information.

So, in Settings>DejaContacts, I had set-up the Custom Fields under Custom 1 as Notes.

Now when I view a contact is see the "Notes" field twice, once under the "Custom" heading and once under the "Notes" heading.

I have tried deleting the Notes in Custom 1 field. I have also tried reinputting "Custom 1" into the Custom 1 field as that is how it was by default, but I still see the Custom 1 field as the Notes (cut-off mind you, so not very helpful) as well as the actual Note field.

How do a remove the Custom field from being seen when viewing a contact in DejaContacts?

Thanks.

Hello Bigbobbyboogie.

I woudl start form scratch and remove the custom field mapping in COmpanionLink Setup.

Then follow these steps:

1. Open CompanionLink Setup.
2. Click the options menu in the top left corner.
3. Select the "Wipe all records on Apple Device before Sync" option.
4. Sync your iPhone.

Does that help?

bigbobbyboogie
06-06-2012, 10:53 AM
No, I still see the Custom field AND the Note field. Any other suggestions?

Thomas
06-15-2012, 04:07 PM
No, I still see the Custom field AND the Note field. Any other suggestions?

I would put a ticket request in for this.
What you are describing is not expected behavior.