PDA

View Full Version : Removing Duplicate Contacts

Hapauto@aol.com
06-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Hi I'm new to the forum and I would appreciate some help. Can duplicate contacts be removed any other way than simply deleting each one manually?

Also, when I search for a contact name and it shows more than two entries, it seems the screen won't allow me to scroll down to the lowest ones. Any ideas?

Thanks - Mike

Thomas
07-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Hi I'm new to the forum and I would appreciate some help. Can duplicate contacts be removed any other way than simply deleting each one manually?

Also, when I search for a contact name and it shows more than two entries, it seems the screen won't allow me to scroll down to the lowest ones. Any ideas?

Thanks - Mike

Deleting contacts is easier to accomplish on the PC.
http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Remove_duplicates_from_your_PC

Then Wipe all records in Apple device on the next Sync.

There is no duplicate utility for DejaOffice.

I hope this helps.

Skoutariotis
10-19-2012, 04:34 PM
What causes duplicates? It happened before, and it just happened again and I'm about to receive my iPhone 5 and I don't want to xfer all the dups, nor do I want to go thru the pain of deleting dups.
Seems, DO SHOULD either figure out why this happens, or maybe even easier to offer to owners a dup removal tool for free.
Now, I have to spend money to buy one of those dup removal tools, after I spent enough on DO.
I've been a loyal owner of DO since I switched from palm! Now I'm wondering if I should look for better app rather then forking out another $$$ for a repair tool!
Thank you in advance for any advise!

iPhone 4 32GB

Sorry, my iphone has no display cannot see version but it was updated since about Sept. of 2012

CompanionLink build #: 5040

Data Manager App: Outlook

Sync Method with CompanionLink: Wi-Fi