PDA

View Full Version : Initial iPhone Setup - Quick Help Needed

rjbinney
06-29-2012, 10:57 AM
So I've been extolling DJO for Android's virtues for a while, our CFO wants to copy her Palm data into her iPhone.

Bear in mind, I'm not an Apple guy, so I'm stumbling a little here.

(Surprised/upset/shocked/grumpy can't be done through USB, but I'm over that.)

I'm at the point of "PURGE" in the DJO setup on the iPhone....

She has our corporate Outlook as her mail, calendar, and contacts on her phone.

We DO NOT want to sync DJO contacts and calendar with the Apple contacts and calendar, so I presumed everything would be OK - Outlook data would stay in Apple's resident calendar and contacts.... The Palm data would stay in DJO.

But the screen "Syncing your device's contacts and calendars with both CL and other sync services at the same time causes data conflicts. We recommend turning off contacts and calendar sync for all other devices" has me worried, chiefly because when I try to do that in her settings, it says it will DELETE all data... Which I clearly don't want to do.

What are the risks if I leave Outlook's sync-to-Apple turned ON whilst I sync up DJO?

I suspect we'll be OK, but if I screw up her data, I'm toast.

I am literally at that step right now, and it is all that is between me and heading out on vacation, so quick help is super appreciated!

Thanks!

Thomas
07-18-2012, 09:26 AM
So I've been extolling DJO for Android's virtues for a while, our CFO wants to copy her Palm data into her iPhone.

Bear in mind, I'm not an Apple guy, so I'm stumbling a little here.

(Surprised/upset/shocked/grumpy can't be done through USB, but I'm over that.)

I'm at the point of "PURGE" in the DJO setup on the iPhone....

She has our corporate Outlook as her mail, calendar, and contacts on her phone.

We DO NOT want to sync DJO contacts and calendar with the Apple contacts and calendar, so I presumed everything would be OK - Outlook data would stay in Apple's resident calendar and contacts.... The Palm data would stay in DJO.

But the screen "Syncing your device's contacts and calendars with both CL and other sync services at the same time causes data conflicts. We recommend turning off contacts and calendar sync for all other devices" has me worried, chiefly because when I try to do that in her settings, it says it will DELETE all data... Which I clearly don't want to do.

What are the risks if I leave Outlook's sync-to-Apple turned ON whilst I sync up DJO?

I suspect we'll be OK, but if I screw up her data, I'm toast.

I am literally at that step right now, and it is all that is between me and heading out on vacation, so quick help is super appreciated!

Thanks!

rjbinney,

Apologies for the delayed response. If Sync with Apple Calendar and Contacts is turned off you can ignore this warning.
iCloud is pretty new, and we put that warning in as a precaution. In general I have not run into issues syncing DejaOffice Contacts whe iCal is turned on.

I hope this helps.