PDA

View Full Version : Record Edits/changes in DejaContacts, create duplicate records in Outlook on PC

Rolloutman
07-27-2010, 04:02 PM
When making record edits/changes in DejaContacts on Android, has anyone else discovered
the changed records are duplicated (rather than changed) on the Outlook/PC side in contacts?
DejaOffice/CompanionLink creates a new record with change(s) and also leaves the old record there.
If it helps... this in on Android 2.1 HTC EVO

JulieS
07-27-2010, 10:17 PM
I've been dealing with duplicating records but in Dejaoffice; instead of "changing", my fields are simply multiplied...I can across an address today that was in triplicate for the same contact...I only entered it once but it was actually on one address line but it repeated three times...frustrating.

Eric
07-28-2010, 03:08 PM
You might try turning off the DejaOffice sync to the Android native contact/calendar databases. To do this, in DejaOffice tap "Settings", then "Sync Settings", and make sure that "Sync with Android Contacts App" and "Sync with Android Calendar App" are unchecked. Does this help? Or are you still getting duplicates?

Rolloutman
07-28-2010, 05:09 PM
My DejaOffice Sync Settings were already/ previously unchecked (and not to sync with the native Android apps). I've been trying to rely just on DejaOffice and avoid using native Android Contacts/Calendar. Nevertheless, the problem of duplicating the records changed in Outlook, on the PC, is still there and I am able to duplicate it

Ben
08-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Rolloutman - CompanionLink uses unique IDs to track records that have already been synchronized. Since your changed records are duplicating when you synchronize, I think something must be either changing the record IDs in Outlook, or something else must be amiss in the process we use to track them.

I have several questions that immediately come to mind: 1) Do you use Exchange ActiveSync on your Android? 2) Do you use any other software that synchronizes with your Outlook? 3) Do you use any other devices that sync with your Outlook (BlackBerry, for example)?

Rolloutman
08-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Ben
To answer your questions:
1. Only trying to use CompanionLink to sink (via USB) directly to a PC using Outlook. Nothing else is being used, or should be getting in the way.
2. Nothing else synchronizes with Outlook now. FYI once I converted over from PalmTreo-HotSync, to Android/DejaOffice, I stopped using the
PalmTreo and no longer perform any kind of PalmSync.
3. No other devices sync with Outlook... The only things syncing with the PC is an iPod Touch.
Also--note that this problem appears to only result from changes made on the Android side, within DejaOffice. If I only make record changes
within Outlook on the PC (eg one-way), the sync seems to perform.

Ben
08-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Rolloutman - Alright. This sounds like an issue we'll need to look at a log file for. I sent you a PM with instructions for logging.