PDA

View Full Version : CLP portable for USB key

laurentdjo
07-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Hi,

Do you intend to deliver a portable version of CompanionLink Pro ?

This could be used on a USB key.
It could be used also by people who are not using an administrator account.
Many companies offers portable versions nowadays...

Regards.

DJOCTO
07-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Laurent,

Our licensing is per-user, so in that sense it is always portable. It automatically allows you to use it on multiple computers.

Are you having any problem with this system?

Wayland Bruns, CTO

laurentdjo
08-09-2012, 12:53 AM
Yes, a portable version does not need administrator rights to install the product.
I have tried to install CLP without being admin, just being a standard user, and the installation is refused.
That means the program is not portable at all.
The proof that CLP is portable will be to have a zip version that can be put inside an USB key.
Regards.

XP&7 FR / Outlook 2010 / DJO 2.1.9 + CLP 5.0.5032 / Samsung Galaxy S2 + Android 4.0.3 / DejaConnect USB + 90 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + sync alarms + cleared records + native Android contacts sync but no Google Calendar sync

laurentdjo
08-21-2012, 03:55 AM
Hi Wayland, does the CLP program is usable on a USB key if I copy the "Program Files" files and launch the CLP from a computer where it was not installed yet ? Regards.

XP&7 FR / Outlook 2010 / DJO 2.2.9 + CLP 5.0.5036 / Samsung Galaxy S2 + Android 4.0.3 / DejaConnect USB + 90 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + sync alarms + cleared records + native Android contacts sync but no Google Calendar sync

DJOCTO
08-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Laurent, Do you need to use CLP on more than 3 computers at a time?

CompanionLink uses a dynamic server to check licensing. We can adjust the server to license how people need it. This system replace our prior system where the program was internally licensed. The problem we face is rampant copying and distribution on software share sites, so we needed a system that checks a license at runtime.

don't plan on making CL Portable unless there are more requests. We can usually accommodate one-off requests and adjust our licensing server for people who need it.

laurentdjo
08-22-2012, 03:03 AM
Hi,

I do not use CLP on more than 2 computers (home/work) ; but, I use CLP at work with Windows user rights only. Each time I want to update the program, I need to ask for an admin intervention very very long... With other programs I use, I have a portable version that is easier to manage individually. This is the way it works nowadays in France.

I'm OK with the license check at runtime : this is not the precise subject of my request. That's normal to lessen misuse of your fantastic tool. Remark : this could not work with enterprise proxy settings that disallows programs to access Internet.

Regards.

XP&7 FR / Outlook 2010 / DJO 2.2.9 + CLP 5.0.5036 / Samsung Galaxy S2 + Android 4.0.3 / DejaConnect USB + 90 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + sync alarms + cleared records + native Android contacts sync but no Google Calendar sync

laurentdjo
09-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Is a no-admin rights installation could be considered ?

laurentdjo
11-22-2012, 01:10 PM
I use an installation with admin rights, but a USB key program without installation setup could be nice to me like many other known products in the market. Is something will be done ? Best regards.