PDA

View Full Version : DejaTasks does not sync Outlook emails flagged for follow up

dputt
07-30-2010, 05:00 AM
I frequently flag emails for follow up, which causes them to show up in my Outlook Tasks. On my previous device (windows mobile) it would sync these items to my phone. It does not apparently do that with DejaTasks. Could this be included in a future release? Should it be working and I just have set it up properly? Let me know.

Dave

Ben
07-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Dave - Emails flagged for follow up will show up in your Outlook task list, but they aren't proper tasks, since they don't actually reside in the Outlook task folder(s) that we sync with.

Syncing them separately is an interesting idea though. This will go on our feature request list. We'll have to take a closer look at the technical details of what would be involved in adding them. So I can't guarantee anything, but we'll definitely take a look at it.

dbvirago
08-05-2010, 07:12 PM
I have always dragged emails to the task tab and created a task from it. Then it will sync

dputt
08-23-2010, 05:44 AM
Ben,

I understand that they are not "true" tasks. I'm comparing them on a functional basis. I switched from Windows Mobile, but lost functionality in this regard. I prefer to be able to see all the items i have to work on in one place. I prefer not to drag the emails to create tasks as i lose the link back on Outlook.

seems like there should be a way to link them. thanks for working on it.

Dave