PDA

View Full Version : Not all Contacts Sync to iPad from ACT! 2012

DinoG
09-07-2012, 06:55 AM
Okay, don't know if I missed some setting somewhere. I'm syncing direct from ACT! to my iPad DejaOffice app via CompanionLink Pro 5.0 and wireless network. In ACT! 2012 I may have multiple contacts associated with a Company.

Here's where it gets weird. It appears that if there is only one contact associated with a company that contact is syncing to DejaOffice. If there are 2 contacts associated with a company, one contact will show up in DejaContacts but the 2nd one doesn't. I have one company with 3 associated contacts and none of them appear in DejaContacts.

Now, I also sync the same database to my Android phone through Outlook 2010. On the phone all contacts make it over.

So, is there an issue with syncing from ACT! Directly to the iPad or should I sync through Outlook?
Can I see Secondary Contacts in DejaOffice if I sync directly to ACT!? (I can change some of my records to show that).

What's the best practice to ensure I have consistent data on my iPad? Also, I really like the new DejaOffice interface on the Android - there is some additional functionality that is very nice - is that coming out for the iPad?

Dino
dino.grana@att.net

Thomas
09-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Okay, don't know if I missed some setting somewhere. I'm syncing direct from ACT! to my iPad DejaOffice app via CompanionLink Pro 5.0 and wireless network. In ACT! 2012 I may have multiple contacts associated with a Company.

Here's where it gets weird. It appears that if there is only one contact associated with a company that contact is syncing to DejaOffice. If there are 2 contacts associated with a company, one contact will show up in DejaContacts but the 2nd one doesn't. I have one company with 3 associated contacts and none of them appear in DejaContacts.

Now, I also sync the same database to my Android phone through Outlook 2010. On the phone all contacts make it over.

So, is there an issue with syncing from ACT! Directly to the iPad or should I sync through Outlook?
Can I see Secondary Contacts in DejaOffice if I sync directly to ACT!? (I can change some of my records to show that).

What's the best practice to ensure I have consistent data on my iPad? Also, I really like the new DejaOffice interface on the Android - there is some additional functionality that is very nice - is that coming out for the iPad?

Dino
dino.grana@att.net

Dino,

Thanks for the report. I am assuming you are using CompanionLink Express or Professional. (Please verify which one in your next post)

Also, can you clarify if you are using two separate sync profiles? One for the Android and one for the Apple device?
What build # of ComapnionLink is installed on your PC?
What version of DejaOffice is installed on your Android and your Apple Device?

Kaena
09-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Hi Dino,

Check the Advanced Settings in CompanionLink. There's a tab labeled "Secondary", where you can enable the sync of secondary contacts. This feature is available in CompanionLink Professional only; you wont see it if you're using CompanionLink Express.

DinoG
09-07-2012, 05:15 PM
I am using CompanionLink Pro (latest version) and all versions of DejaOffice (both on iPad & Android) are the latest....

DinoG
09-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Oops, and yes two separate sync profiles - right now I'm syncing Android thru USB and to Outlook 2010 - iPad sync is wireless and Direct to ACT! 2012

Thomas
10-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Oops, and yes two separate sync profiles - right now I'm syncing Android thru USB and to Outlook 2010 - iPad sync is wireless and Direct to ACT! 2012

Dino,

You can use the filed mapping section of the advanced settings to Map Custom fields for the secondary contact data.