PDA

View Full Version : Beta Release DejaOffice v1.6.0 for Android

DJOCTO
07-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Here is a Beta release for DejaOffice 1.6.0 for Android. Release notes are below.

To download this release, enter this link on your phone. It will bring you to a web page you can use to download the beta.

www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp

NOTE: Beta releases may not be tested with AT&T Backflip because AT&T does not allow downloads outside Android Market.

DejaOffice v1.6 BETA

*Added the ability to add/create/edit recurring events within DejaOffice

*Added account selection options when syncing with the native Android apps

*Added Froyo automatic mounting support

*Improved native contact/calendar sync speed

*Fixed an issue where disabling contacts/calendar syncing on the PC would disabled sync b/w DJO and native apps

*Fixed an issue where email addresses wouldnt sync from the native contacts app

*Fixed and issue where the website field would sync incorrectly

*fixed an issue where task alarms synced from the PC would not ring

*fixed an issue where all day annual recurring events synced one day early to the native calendar

Mar00k
07-31-2010, 02:29 PM
Well, have bugs:
1. alarms in tasks still doesnt work. For both tasks created on device and synced from PC (palm desktop)
2. all contacts looks like from "unfiled" category. Maybe sync bugs? Tomorrow will try to sync again (sync option is to add palm desktop info into android, because need my data to be safe in case of bugs in companionlink sync soft, and there are really lots of bugs)

blm2hb
08-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Reoccuring events now show up on Vibrant which is good. However, now I notice there is 5+ second lag each time I switch between calendar dates or calender views. It tests your patience waiting.

mihai
08-02-2010, 03:59 AM
I have a Samsung Galaxy S (Android 2.1) and I am using Lotus Notes 6.5. It is not clear for me which Companionlink software I should try: Companionlink USB + Deja Office does not have Lotus as contact manager. Companionlink Express has Lotus Notes support, however I do not know how to start the sync on phone. Do I need to still use DejaOffice? I installed standard and also 1.6. Both end up with reading and then press OK when the PC sync is complete.

Please advice!

Thank you,

DJOCTO
08-02-2010, 07:07 AM
Mihai, welcome to the forum.

For Lotus Notes use CompanionLink Express with DejaOffice. Your data should be on the phone. Is it there?

RaymonWilliams
08-02-2010, 07:56 AM
I downloaded v1.6 and immediately performed a test on the task alarm function. It still does not work. Also, I cannot change the default priority to Normal. The default priority is high (which is odd) and I have to change every task to normal each time I create a new one.
Other suggestions: Could you make the task list such that you can view both the current day's tasks and overdue tasks? This is how I have it set up on Outlook. I only have to change my task options when I want to view completed tasks. I would like to be able to see Today's Tasks, Overdue Tasks, and then Tasks with no due date (in that order...it's consistent with Outlook and Windows Mobile OS).

Thanks!

Jason
08-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Task alarms should be fixed is 1.6. Task alarms should have worked prior to 1.6 if they were manually added on the device. The issue was only with alarms synced from the PC.

1. Go to Settings/Calendar Settings and make sure "Ring Alarms" is checked - This must be selected for Calendar and Task alarms to work.

2. If there are future task alarms on the device that were synced with a version prior to 1.6, the task alarms need updating. Here's how:
Option A: Open CompanionLink on the PC. Go to Options at the top, and select "Reread PC data on next sync" and then run a sync. This will "update" the tasks on the device so the alarms should ring.
Option B: A quicker way to fix this is to open a future task with an alarm on the device, change some text, then save the task. This should properly save the task alarm so it will ring in the future.

I hope this helps.

Jane
08-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks to the DejaOffice crew for version 1.6, The repeating event feature on the calendar now works on my HTC Droid Incredible. It took me several attempts at installing it, but I finally muddled through. I still miss my Palm Centro, but DejaOffice makes it more bearable.

I hope the team can soon fix the issues others on this forum still have.

Mar00k
08-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Jason, thanks for your answer. But in fact task alarms doesn't work on my G1 (with 2.1 ROM). I checked settings as you say, everything is ok here. I see alarms for meetings but not for tasks. Nor for sycned nor for manually created on device.

Rolloutman
08-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Hope you're finding the Beta release for DejaOffice 1.6 to be as good as you expected.

Can you give us some idea when you expect to clear Beta and have it available for general release?
We realize there are no guarantees... so you're best guess estimate will be fine.

Thanks
Bob

Here is a Beta release for DejaOffice 1.6.0 for Android. Release notes are below.

To download this release, enter this link on your phone. It will bring you to a web page you can use to download the beta.

www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp

NOTE: Beta releases may not be tested with AT&T Backflip because AT&T does not allow downloads outside Android Market.

DejaOffice v1.6 BETA

*Added the ability to add/create/edit recurring events within DejaOffice

*Added account selection options when syncing with the native Android apps

*Added Froyo automatic mounting support

*Improved native contact/calendar sync speed

*Fixed an issue where disabling contacts/calendar syncing on the PC would disabled sync b/w DJO and native apps

*Fixed an issue where email addresses wouldnt sync from the native contacts app

*Fixed and issue where the website field would sync incorrectly

*fixed an issue where task alarms synced from the PC would not ring

*fixed an issue where all day annual recurring events synced one day early to the native calendar

RaymonWilliams
08-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Jason,

I checked my settings per your description above, and they are set properly, with "Ring Alarms" in the calendar settings checked. I did in fact set my test task alarm manually on the phone, not from my PC, after I downloaded V1.6, and it still did not work properly. Please keep me abreast on any future updates to the software so that I know that it's working properly. I will purchase the final version when at least the task alarms work, otherwise it's not of as much use to me, as I rely on these frequently for personal and business use.

Thank you for your work in trying to resolve this,
Raymon

mr.hackerly
08-03-2010, 01:33 PM
DJO 1.6.0; Moto cliq; read android data consistently generates "The application DejaOffice (process com.companionlink.clusbsync) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
This may be because the native contacts are empty. DJO has 2 contacts.

klowetx
08-04-2010, 10:47 AM
I upgraded to Android 2.2 yesterday and tried to sync today with CompanionLink Pro but was unable to get it to work. I read the form and upgraded my DejaOffice to 1.6.0 Beta. It appeared to sync fine but when I went back to check a contact I added in Outlook, it did not show on the HTC Evo/DejaOffice or native database. I am currently having the sync to reread the PC data and will let you know how it turns out.

rjbinney
08-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Reoccuring events now show up on Vibrant which is good. However, now I notice there is 5+ second lag each time I switch between calendar dates or calender views. It tests your patience waiting.

Yeah, I'm seeing that too. Anyway to go back to 1.5.x until that's corrected?

Jason
08-05-2010, 12:38 AM
We have a completely redesigned way of how we display calendar items. It's designed this way to handle much larger amounts of data and recurring patterns. I'll work with the devs on improving that speed though. Thanks for your input.

DJOCTO
08-05-2010, 07:13 AM
There is an UPDATED Beta release for DejaOffice - v1.6.1. Release notes are below.

To download this release, visit www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp from the phone.

DejaOffice v1.6.1 (8/4/2010)

*changed task due date sort order to include no due dates at the end

*fixed an issue where DejaNotes would sometimes crash adding a new note

*fixed an issue where modifying recurring events in DJO would not sync to PC

*fixed an issue where default task priorities were set to high

*fixed issues with sort orders in list views sorting capitalized and international characters incorrectly

*fixed an issue where the recurring pattern first/last weekday/weekend day of the month/year would sync incorrectly

*fixed an issue where recurring events starting prior to Mar 14 would sync an hour ahead

*fixed an issue with Droid X where contacts data could be lost or merged

NOTES FOR DROID X USERS:

*If any users have experienced loss of data or merged data in past releases this release will most likely correct the problem in DejaOffice and on the PC.

*Contacts will still appear merged in the native contact list. The flag we set to ‘un-merge’ gets overwritten by the DROID X OS. Currently the only work around is to select the Contacts, go to Menu, then Unlink.

Alan@work
08-05-2010, 07:35 AM
Yes, the long lag when switching calendar dates or views needs improving. Good product though.

Jason
08-08-2010, 01:25 AM
Yes, the long lag when switching calendar dates or views needs improving. Good product though.

Look for an update Monday that improves calendar speed.

Jason
08-08-2010, 01:25 AM
Jason, thanks for your answer. But in fact task alarms doesn't work on my G1 (with 2.1 ROM). I checked settings as you say, everything is ok here. I see alarms for meetings but not for tasks. Nor for sycned nor for manually created on device.

Look for an update Monday that fixes a certain issue with task alarms.

Jason
08-08-2010, 01:26 AM
Jason,

I checked my settings per your description above, and they are set properly, with "Ring Alarms" in the calendar settings checked. I did in fact set my test task alarm manually on the phone, not from my PC, after I downloaded V1.6, and it still did not work properly. Please keep me abreast on any future updates to the software so that I know that it's working properly. I will purchase the final version when at least the task alarms work, otherwise it's not of as much use to me, as I rely on these frequently for personal and business use.

Thank you for your work in trying to resolve this,
Raymon

Look for an update Monday that fixes a certain issue with task alarms.