PDA

View Full Version : Mass Delete

grundei
07-31-2010, 06:39 AM
During the various mis-steps in getting set-up I have had numerous duplicates - in bot Outlook and Dsroid. - I have used my Outlook contacts as my official contact list. I believe that I now have a situation where the contact for John Doe in Droid/DejaOffice is a different one than the contact for John Doe in Outlook - so when I make changes I keep getting new duplicates getting created since the sync views them as different even though they appear to be the same John Doe to the eye. I would like to delete all on Droid and DejaOffice and restart by sending from Outlook so that they are all the same.

1. How do I mass delete all contacts in Deja Office?
2. How do I delete all contacts in Android?

Thanks

DJOCTO
07-31-2010, 07:07 AM
Grundei,

I would suggest doing the separately.

1) In DejaOffice, select Settings, Sync Settings and turn OFF Sync Android Contacts. This disconnects the two databases.

2) On the PC, in CompanionLink USB, go into settings and select "Purge and Reload Contacts". This will load the contacts cleanly from Outlook.

3) In Google Contacts, back up your contact list by exporting, then Delete all contacts. In Android Contacts, do a sync so it cleans out the Android list.

At this point, you should have DejaContacts exactly the same as Outlook. If this all looks good, you can turn back on sync to Android Contacts and run one more sync to get the data all matched up. Keep in mind there is still a bit of interference if you decide to sync your contacts both to Android Contacts and to Google, as there are two sync systems operating at once.

I hope this information helps.

grundei
07-31-2010, 08:37 PM
Thanks - I understand and have done steps 1 & 2.

Step 3 confuses me - I do not sync Google contacts so the first part of #3 does not apply. I do not understand this: "In Android Contacts, do a sync so it cleans out the Android list." At this point I have repopulated DejaContacts in step 2 - so what am I syncing with that will clean out the Android? I would like to delete them (Android Contacts) all so that the newly populated DejaContacts become the Android Contacts.

Advise - thanks

DJOCTO
08-01-2010, 07:34 AM
Grundei, sorry. The extra Google Sync always confuses me also.

If you have the phone set so it does not synchronize Contacts with Google, then do the following:

1) In DejaOffice, select Settings, Sync Settings and turn ON Sync Android Contacts. This connects the two databases.

2) On the PC, in CompanionLink USB, go into settings and select "Purge and Reload Contacts". This will load the contacts cleanly from Outlook to DejaContacts and also Google Contacts.

grundei
08-03-2010, 05:58 AM
It worked - thanks

BartJ
09-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Don't want to hijack a thread but it seems grundei was curred and I have the same problem. My outlook contacts became messy with duplicates after trying the above sequence. I may have done it incorrectly. I just cleaned Outlook contacts up. I did a reset on Deja so I know all the contacts and other records are removed from there. One question is what is the difference between Google contacts and Android contacts? I just went to Applications and removed all the data from Contact Storage. Have I now removed all the contacts on the phone? Even though I my phone showed no contacts I know there must have been there. I looked at the SD card and could not find a folder that had contacts in it. So, if the all the contacts are removed from the phone and I have Sync with Android Contacts App checked on the Deja, should I have Sync Contacts on or off to the Google account to do a clean sync to the phone without duplicates?