PDA

View Full Version : Switching from Palm to Android

farmercharlie
10-10-2012, 10:39 AM
I currently use Palm 6.2.2 with Windows 7 using the Aceeca 64 bit drivers. It works great with my old Treo. But I need to move to my new Galaxy S2, so I don't have to carry both phones around. I need some advice on switching from Palm OS to DejaOffice and Companionlink. On the computer would I continue to use the existing Palm app and use DejaOffice only on the phone with CompanionLink to sync the two? Or would I have to switch to something like Outlook on the PC? I have always done almost all my work on the PC using Palm OS, and would prefer to keep doing the same. One more question: Would it be practical to download DejaOffice and try it for a while before I decide to purchase CompanionLink?

Kaena
10-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Hi there,

You'll still be able to continue using Palm Desktop on your PC. CompanionLink syncs directly between Palm Desktop and the DejaOffice database on the device. You can certainly download DejaOffice beforehand; it's free! CompanionLink is free to try for 14 days.

farmercharlie
10-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Hi there,

You'll still be able to continue using Palm Desktop on your PC. CompanionLink syncs directly between Palm Desktop and the DejaOffice database on the device. You can certainly download DejaOffice beforehand; it's free! CompanionLink is free to try for 14 days.
Thanks. I was about to reply to my own post when I saw your response. I did download DejaOffice and the trial version of CompanionLink. The only real problem I had was that some of my old Palm phone number fields had brief notes with parentheses marks. The parentheses marks caused corruption of those particular records. I finally figured that out, removed the parentheses within the Palm app, did another sync, and all seems to be working. Tech support from CompanionLink was pretty impressive. They responded very promptly to my questions.

Charles