PDA

View Full Version : Syncing crashes almost always

McLion
10-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Hi

Since I have updated to the latest versions, the sync crashes about every time.

sync starts (started manually on Android)
sync disappears on Android ... and is carried on in OL ... and finishes correctly in OL
opening DJO brings back the syncing dialog with spinning wheel
after a few seconds it shows the usual message to hit OK ... and I hit Ok ... and the message vanishes
now shows the DJO Home screen, which can not be closed with exit, saying that a sync is in progress
hitting android back button to go to Android Home
now opening DJO (Homescreen) again and it is now showing the usual final syncing message that closes automatically

Seems to be an old bug reappearing.

McLion
11-01-2012, 02:22 AM
This is an extremely annoying bug ... please have this fixed asap.

McLion
11-04-2012, 11:42 PM
No response to that?:mad:
This is really getting extremely annoying! Please change it back to the way it worked before!

Belinda
11-09-2012, 02:24 PM
No response to that?:mad:
This is really getting extremely annoying! Please change it back to the way it worked before!

McLion -

Our apologies for not responding sooner. We are aware of some problems with the Direct USB sync in the current beta and several previous versions. The next beta version of DejaOffice will address some of these issues - we'd like to send you a custom build to see if some of the fixes we've made help the issue you're having. Please look for a message from me regarding this.

-Belinda

PRMountain
12-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Has anything been fixed? I posted a similar problem, http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/showthread.php?2623-Sync-and-other-problems, have haven't received any help.

McLion
12-18-2012, 08:17 AM
Any idea when this will be addressed? :confused:

Cecil
12-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Hi Mclion

I have some problems caused by minor corruption of elements in the PC database. I am using ACT and it has a utility to check the database integrity running this in the past then wiping Android data has cured some sync problems for me.

May be worth checking this out for Outlook.

McLion
01-18-2013, 04:18 AM
Bump !
.. alone was too short ;-)

McLion
01-22-2013, 07:41 AM
Bump ! ... once more !:mad:
.. alone was too short ;-)

McLion
01-29-2013, 04:47 AM
Let's bump it again .... anybody home ?!?

McLion
02-05-2013, 12:36 AM
Bump bump bump

MG111
02-06-2013, 03:29 AM
Same problem here ...

"now shows the DJO Home screen, which can not be closed with exit, saying that a sync is in progress"

Confirming "EXIT" and opening DO again brings the "normal" sync screen and after a few seconds (sometimes) the "OK" screen (or DO hangs and I get the android message Abort/Wait/....

VERY ANNOYING

Michael

Belinda
02-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Hello Michael, McLion -

We're aware of this issue. What is preventing a fix is that we cannot replicate the issue consistently here - doing so helps our developer identify what in the program is tripping up the sync like this. Logs haven't been helpful, unfortunately.

A few more questions:
-Have either of you moved the application to the SD card? Direct USB won't work if you have - it simply can't be supported. (I don't think this is the case - just mentioning to be thorough)
-Does Manual Sync mode work? Here are directions:
http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Manual_Sync_Mode_for_Android_USB_Sync
-Please install version 2.2.1 of DejaOffice from here, and let us know if the USB sync is more stable in this old version. If it is, we may be able to isolate the change causing the problem:
http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp/oldbuilds/DejaOffice2_2_1_289.apk

Just an FYI - we are anticipating posting version 2.4.0 of DejaOffice as a beta in a few days. Because we haven't isolated this issue, that version won't address the problem. We'll keep working on it though.

MG111
02-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Hello Michael, McLion -
-Have either of you moved the application to the SD card? Direct USB won't work if you have - it simply can't be supported. (I don't think this is the case - just mentioning to be thorough)

No.

There's no such setting in DO DejaOffice 2.3.5 (377) (12/18/12), is it? (I forgot to update my signature till now, sorry!).

Michael

McLion
02-06-2013, 11:41 PM
No

I have never seen the Manual Sync before nor do I see a way of activating it.

-Please install version 2.2.1 of DejaOffice from here, and let us know if the USB sync is more stable in this old version. If it is, we may be able to isolate the change causing the problem:
http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp/oldbuilds/DejaOffice2_2_1_289.apk

I'll try this later and let you know the results.

McLion
02-07-2013, 03:05 AM
I'll try this later and let you know the results.

Sync with this old version does not crash.
It even ends itself when finished and showing the message box that says that the sync is finished and returns back to Android Homescreen. IMHO, it could even leave the last message that tells the user that the sync is finished on screen and let the user confirm this with OK.

MG111
02-14-2013, 08:15 AM
Belinda,

how about the manual sync method in DO 2.3.x?

Michael

McLion
02-14-2013, 08:41 AM
... and ... what now ?

Belinda
02-14-2013, 08:59 AM
Belinda,

how about the manual sync method in DO 2.3.x?

Michael

Yes - Manual Sync mode does exist in version 2.3.x:

If you're having trouble enabling this mode, please let me know.

Belinda
02-14-2013, 09:06 AM
... and ... what now ?

McLion -

We'll take a look at this issue again - unfortunately we can't reproduce it consistently here, so we haven't been able to give our developer anything to work with. We'll keep trying.

-Belinda

MG111
02-17-2013, 11:49 PM
Yes - Manual Sync mode does exist in version 2.3.x:

If you're having trouble enabling this mode, please let me know.

There is no option to "1. Turn on "Manual Sync Mode" in Settings/Sync Settings ".

Could you please post a screenshot, where to enable this feature?

Michael

MG111
03-29-2013, 01:32 AM
Hello Michael, McLion -

We're aware of this issue. What is preventing a fix is that we cannot replicate the issue consistently here - doing so helps our developer identify what in the program is tripping up the sync like this. Logs haven't been helpful, unfortunately.

A few more questions:
-Does Manual Sync mode work?

No, same problem.

Just an FYI - we are anticipating posting version 2.4.0 of DejaOffice as a beta in a few days. Because we haven't isolated this issue, that version won't address the problem. We'll keep working on it though.

DO 2.4.1 shows the same behavior ... :-(

BTW, could it be, that DO does a sync of contacts to "DO account"? Last Sync there was a "rotating circle" in the top right corner of DO homescreen. Clicking on "exit" brought up the well known message "DO can not be closed, a sync is in progress". I did NOT confirm, but let DO run. After a few minutes the circle was gone and the message did not appear on exit ...

Michael