PDA

View Full Version : Anyone out there syncing their iPhone with Palm Desktop?

Rebecca_Leaves
11-01-2012, 03:16 PM
I'd like to sync Palm Desktop (which I use for my calendar) with my iPhone. It looks like I can do this with DejaOffice and CompanionLink.

I'm wondering if there's anyone with a similar setup--I'd like to hear from "the field" that this'll work smoothly and accurately.

I have Palm D. ver 4.1, Windows XP, and iPhone 4.

Any tips, head's up, or so on?

wildcoffee
12-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Yes. I have iphone 4 and access palm desktop on windows7. I am syncing with companionlink. It works better than I had hoped - I was kind of pessimistic. There is a problem with the WiFi updates. Sometimes I have to reboot before it will sync. But mostly it worked pretty well. All my business info is on the palm and I hung onto an old treo for a long, long time before making the change. I am glad I did. I can still use the palm software and have the convenience of the iphone.

Rebecca_Leaves
12-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the info!

PalmOS
03-26-2013, 12:12 PM
Yes. I have iphone 4 and access palm desktop on windows7. I am syncing with companionlink. It works better than I had hoped - I was kind of pessimistic. There is a problem with the WiFi updates. Sometimes I have to reboot before it will sync. But mostly it worked pretty well. All my business info is on the palm and I hung onto an old treo for a long, long time before making the change. I am glad I did. I can still use the palm software and have the convenience of the iphone.

Hi Wildcoffee!
So glad to hear your experiences with Palm Desktop - to me the one and only solution that really works. Store you vital info locally on your PC and always update it on your Mobile Device and on the PC simultaneously!
Now my Question: Where do you get PalmDesktop for Windows7?

Any help would be appreciated !

DJOCTO
03-27-2013, 02:28 PM
We have an info page for how to install/migrate Palm Desktop on your PC.

http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/How_to_migrate_Palm_Desktop_from_Windows_XP_to_Win dows_Vista,_Windows_7_and_Windows_8

PalmOS
02-21-2014, 04:43 AM
We have an info page for how to install/migrate Palm Desktop on your PC.

http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/How_to_migrate_Palm_Desktop_from_Windows_XP_to_Win dows_Vista,_Windows_7_and_Windows_8

Thank you very much Djocto! Sorry, I only reply now!

The type of response - and quick as well - one gets most of the time is really outstanding!

All the Best to the Deja Office Team!