PDA

View Full Version : Contact Sync Anomoly

Jim Brown
08-02-2010, 08:47 PM
I have had the same 4 or 5 contact entries being deleted over and over again. I have them show up in the Outlook Deleted Items folder. I have created new contact entries in DejaContact and they still get deleted. I am not sure if it is a DejaOffice issue or if it is in the CompanionLink USB syncing and it's delete duplicates. I could see where all but 2 of the contact entries could be dupe issues as they are different companies but I have only a last name of "CLAIMS" for mailing purposes. But 2 of the entries have no common data with any other entries.

Is there a way to clear and resync as a fix? I know there is a Reread data option in USB Sync, would one of those options help?

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Brown
08-02-2010, 09:15 PM
I think I found my issue. It is actually the merge feature in the Android Contact App... it is merging contacts that aren't to be merged. I will separate them and have DejaOffice reread the data... see if this fixes it.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Brown
08-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Okay... it is the merge feature in the Android Contact App!!! Is there a way to turn this feature off? I have identified the 3 or 4 entries that are causing the problem and Separated them in Android Contact. Does this stop it from remerging those entries?

Jim

Jason
08-04-2010, 11:52 PM
Jim-
We send a flag to the native database to 'unmerge' and it seems to work on each phone we've tested except Droid X. Currently the only way we've figured out how to 'unmerge' is to open the merged contact and go to Menu/Unlink. Once it's unlinked they seem to stay that way.