PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Contacts: Pictures Dont't Sync

MichaelMoss
08-03-2010, 04:21 AM
When I add a picture of my contact in Outlook 2007, the picture is not synced to my DejaOffice Contact. But, if I change the CompanionLink Application settings to Purge and Reload, the DejaOffice Contact is updated with the picture.

Ben
08-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the heads up. We'll add this fix to our next CompanionLink release (build 4007), which should be available within the next few days. Check here for the update:

http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html

Sven
08-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Similar problem: Contact picture from outlook will only sometimes sync to DJO. From DJO this pictures never sync to the native app. Other direction works fine: Adding a picture to a contact in the native app will sync to DJO and Outlook.

Ben
08-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Sven - This will be fixed in CompanionLink build 4007, which should be available within the next day or so. Sorry about not getting it out sooner. We ran into a couple of issues that held up the build 4007 release a few days longer than expected.

Sven
08-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Thanks, I'll wait for build 4007 and test again.

Soapy123
08-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Hi Michael:

I have just started using CampanionLink and DJO, so I am still using the older version of DJO.

Tech support answered your email and said that the new update would fix the problem.

Did it? I am getting ready to purchase the full version (and new update 4007) in a few days. I am just curious if it worked for you since the new update.

thanks!

When I add a picture of my contact in Outlook 2007, the picture is not synced to my DejaOffice Contact. But, if I change the CompanionLink Application settings to Purge and Reload, the DejaOffice Contact is updated with the picture.

Sven
08-18-2010, 03:08 PM
I just tried the new build 4008 (?) of CompanionLink. The contact pictures are now synced to DJO, but still not to the native contact app.

By the way: The new build crashed two times (no problems with build 4006) and now I have some double tasks and notes (has not occurred with 4006).

Ben
08-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Sven - Pictures won't sync with the native app. We haven't added this feature yet. It should be coming in a future release, although I don't yet have any time frame on it.

rock298
08-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Just Updated DejaOffice to 1.64 and companionlink to ver 4008
The Photos or Pictures is too Tiny. Not visible at all at the top left corner of the contacts.
Can the pictures make it a bit more bigger. Really too tiny.

Sven
08-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Contact-Sync is no fun. Adding to three contacts via native app a picture, after fourth(!) sync one picture is also in Outlook. Syncing again and again will not sync contact-picture 2 + 3 to DJO and therefore to to Outlook. When deleting company or address in native app the deletion will still not sync to DJO and Outlook. I also lost some telepone-numbers while syncing, but I don't know if there're killed by native app or CL/DJO-sync.

Anyone knows an alternative software for contact-sync with pictures?

X10 Mini Pro: DJO 1.64, CL 4008

BrainSCAN
08-24-2010, 03:36 AM
Hello Sven.

I tried to use a Funambol sync server which supports categories: www.memotoo.com

Using the Funambol Outlook client for Windows, you can sync your Outlook contacts with photos to Memotoo (via Internet). After that, you can use the Synthesis SyncML client to sync your contacts to the native Android.

Good luck!