PDA

View Full Version : Mount and unmount issue

laurentdjo
08-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Hi,

The mount/unmount process is not good for Android 2.1 :
1/ If the SD is unmounted, then the SD is mounted/unmounted during the sync process. Thats's OK.
2/ If the SD is already mounted, I got the message "The Cal, Tasks and Notes will be available only at the end of syncing process (= French translation)" on my mobile and when I sync, the SD is unmounted, mounted and unmounted again at the end. Very bad ! DJO works as it was alone !!!

I need to do file synchronization with my mobile with a mounted SD, but it's impossible to access the SD and to synchronize or see the DJO Cal, Tasks and Notes at the same time !?!!

Could you, at least, stop to unmount the SD if it was already mounted for other purposes ?
Better would be to have access to DJO with a mounted SD...

Regards

Windows XP SP3 / Outlook 2003 SP3 / CL Pro 4.0.4006 / Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.1 / DJO 1.6.0b

Jason
08-05-2010, 12:00 AM
laurentdjo-
DJO stores it's data on the SD card. When it is mounted to the PC the DJO app cannot "see" the data so we display a message. There is no way to have the SD card mounted to the PC and for DJO's data to be accessible.

laurentdjo
08-05-2010, 12:47 AM
Thanks Jason,

I understand that it is an Android issue (if I call that an issue...). You do as you can with the Android architecture.

At least, would it be possible to keep the original state of the SD card ?
I mean :
- If the SD card is unmounted when starting to sync, then the SD card shall be unmounted at the end of the process. This is the way it works now with DJO.
- If the SD card is already mounted when starting to sync, then the SD card shall be mounted at the end of the process. This is not true for the moment as the SD card is always unmounted at the end of the sync process. You shall remember in the tool that the SD card was previously mounted to add a mounting action just at the end of the DJO sync finalization.

Regards

French / Windows XP SP3 / Outlook 2003 SP3 / CL Pro 4.0.4006 / Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.1 / DJO 1.6.1b

Jason
08-05-2010, 02:34 PM
- If the SD card is already mounted when starting to sync, then the SD card shall be mounted at the end of the process. This is not true for the moment as the SD card is always unmounted at the end of the sync process. You shall remember in the tool that the SD card was previously mounted to add a mounting action just at the end of the DJO sync finalization.

We'll look into adding this in a future release.

laurentdjo
08-06-2010, 03:13 AM
Thank you very much !

laurentdjo
08-20-2010, 01:14 PM
We'll look into adding this in a future release.

I'll hope you'll have a look at that, thank you.

Windows XP SP3 (FR) / Outlook 2003 SP3 / CL Pro 4.0.4008 + DJO 1.6.4 paid / Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.1 / Param = days back 30 + sync both ways + deleted both + sync alarms + cleared records + Android contacts sync + Google.com no sync