PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED Beta Release - DejaOffice v1.6.1 for Android

Jason
08-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Here is an UPDATED Beta release for DejaOffice - v1.6.1. Release notes are below.

To download this release, enter this link on your phone. It will bring you to a web page you can use to download the beta. Look under the green box for the special beta link. Scroll further down for installation instructions.

www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp

NOTE: Beta releases may not be tested with AT&T Backflip because AT&T does not allow downloads outside Android Market.

DejaOffice v1.6.1 (8/4/2010)
*changed task due date sort order to include no due dates at the end
*fixed an issue where DejaNotes would sometimes crash adding a new note
*fixed an issue where modifying recurring events in DJO would not sync to PC
*fixed an issue where default task priorities were set to high
*fixed issues with sort orders in list views sorting capitalized and international characters incorrectly
*fixed an issue where the recurring pattern first/last weekday/weekend day of the month/year would sync incorrectly
*fixed an issue where recurring events starting prior to Mar 14 would sync an hour ahead
*fixed an issue with Droid X where contacts data could be lost or merged

laurentdjo
08-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Hi,

Already testing it...

*fixed issues with sort orders in list views sorting capitalized and international characters incorrectly
Thanks ! I was about to post a bug for French characters...

Regards

Windows XP SP3 / Outlook 2003 SP3 / CL Pro 4.0.4006 / Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.1 / DJO 1.6.1b

Rolloutman
08-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Can you pls give us some more detailed step by step instructions to follow to download the Beta release(s) to our Android 2.2 phones?
(even some hints to find the right directories, will help)

Thanks
Bob

Mar00k
08-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Well, in this beta task alarms still doesn't work.
Nor synced from palm desktop, nor manually created.

Does task alarms works for anyone?

Jason
08-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Bob-
I posted instructions in the post above. Where are you having trouble?

laurentdjo
08-05-2010, 05:13 AM
Hi,

Previously, there were a "Logging" setting in the General Settings screen.
What happens to it in version 1.6.1b ?

Regards

French / Windows XP SP3 / Outlook 2003 SP3 / CL Pro 4.0.4006 / Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.1 / DJO 1.6.1b

DejaOffice 1.5.0 (06-09-2010)
* Added "Log Android DB" button to General Settings. Dumps the android db to the log file. Only available if logging is on.
* Added "Email Log" button to General Settings. Zips the log and db file, and pops up an email with the attachment filled in. Only available if logging is on.
* Added "Logging" setting to General Settings screen
* Automatically turn off logging after 2 days

Rolloutman
08-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Jason
Finally got it working but now there appears to be an issue with the sync and duplicate records.
Also-- I noticed the record counts being sync'd are no longer displayed.
I encourage you to bring those back and maybe even expand them as mentioned in another post.
eg it would be impt to show records added, changed, deleted or counts before and after, at least until
users build the confidence that everything is working as it should.

By example, when I created one new record in DejaOffice on the Android and performed the sync,
Outlook shows the one record added, but now DejaOfice shows 5 of the same record on
the Android -- but still only the one (proper) record in Outlook.

Thanks
Bob

Bob-
I posted instructions in the post above. Where are you having trouble?

goudreau
08-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Have 1.6.1 installed on my HTC Evo, have CompanionLink installed on my PC. When I sync from the phone, it quickly flashes messages about mounting and syncing. But then it displays a "Press OK when the PC sync is complete" screen that never disappears. How am I supposed to know when the PC sync is complete? If I press OK after several minutes, none of my Outlook contacts, calendar appointments, etc. appear on the phone, even though I have configured CompanionLink to sync all those things.

I am getting discouraged at how hard this is turning out to be. Any advice?

Jason
08-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Have 1.6.1 installed on my HTC Evo, have CompanionLink installed on my PC. When I sync from the phone, it quickly flashes messages about mounting and syncing. But then it displays a "Press OK when the PC sync is complete" screen that never disappears. How am I supposed to know when the PC sync is complete? If I press OK after several minutes, none of my Outlook contacts, calendar appointments, etc. appear on the phone, even though I have configured CompanionLink to sync all those things.

I am getting discouraged at how hard this is turning out to be. Any advice?

When you see the "Press OK..." button this means that DejaOffice should have mounted the SD card to the PC. CompanionLink should see it and start a sync. (You'll know if it synced b/c it will pop up).

There are 2 things to check for.
1. Does the SD card actually mount? Check My Computer to see if the USB Drive/SD card mounted to the PC.
2. Is CompanionLink running? If CL is configured for Android USB sync then it should be either running in the foreground, or minimized to the system tray.

Vicntc
08-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Installed the 1.6.1 beta on my HTC Magic. Unfortunately, I am finding it horrifically slow. 10-15 seconds to show calendar after tapping the icon (via widget or within DejaOffice menu). 10 seconds to switch views. dejaTasks, dejaContacts and dejaNotes run lickety-split. Just Calendar is dog slow.

unloaded 1.6.1, reinstalled 1.5.8... no slowdown

reloaded 1.6.1 and tied to sync.. after 3-5minutes the phone displayed a message that the application had shutdown unexpectedly. Completely repeatable even after shutdown/battery removed/restart.

back to 1.5.8... :(

laurentdjo
08-06-2010, 03:11 AM
Hi,

There are two unanswered questions in the quotes below.
I hope they will be not forgotten : users needs to find stable features along new versions.

Regards

Previously, there was a "Logging" setting in the General Settings screen.
What happens to it in version 1.6.1b ?

I noticed the record counts being sync'd are no longer displayed. I encourage you to bring those back and maybe even expand them as mentioned in another post.
eg it would be important to show records added, changed, deleted or counts before and after, at least until users build the confidence that everything is working as it should.

arcspin
08-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Hi and thank you for the latest beta 1.6.1.

Reoccurring events are now showing up in DJ calendar as they should, good work :o)
However all my all days events, both the ones that are for a single day and the ones that spans for several days are still showing up one day earlier! But when I open them up the dates are correct....

I really hope to see this issue fixed until the next update releases.

//arcspin
Samsung Galaxy S

Jason
08-08-2010, 12:08 AM
arcspin-
All day events issues should be fixed in 1.6.1. Try and run a reread from the PC - Open CompanionLink Setup, go to Options, then Reread PC data on next sync. Run a regular sync and see if your events are fixed.

Jason
08-08-2010, 12:10 AM
laurentdjo-
Logging is still there. There was a bug in previous versions that showed the logging buttons w/o the "Logging" checkbox checked. Now you have to check the checkbox to see the boxes.

We removed the record counts from old versions because they were inaccurate. We are looking into possibly including a sync summary with counts on within the app later.

Jason
08-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Installed the 1.6.1 beta on my HTC Magic. Unfortunately, I am finding it horrifically slow. 10-15 seconds to show calendar after tapping the icon (via widget or within DejaOffice menu). 10 seconds to switch views. dejaTasks, dejaContacts and dejaNotes run lickety-split. Just Calendar is dog slow.

We've sped this up in our latest in-house build. I plan on posting the next update (1.6.2) on Monday. This will most likely be out of beta and go to the Market as well.

laurentdjo
08-08-2010, 01:11 PM
laurentdjo-
Logging is still there. There was a bug in previous versions that showed the logging buttons w/o the "Logging" checkbox checked. Now you have to check the checkbox to see the boxes.

We removed the record counts from old versions because they were inaccurate. We are looking into possibly including a sync summary with counts on within the app later.

Thanks Jason,

I hope to find an advanced count feature soon.

I have found the logging feature, but why did you titled that "connexion" and not "logging" ?!??

Regards

arcspin
08-09-2010, 03:41 AM
Hi Jason,
I'm sorry to say but even though I reread the pc data my all day events, from Outlook 2007 SP1, are still showing up one day early.
Both the ones that been there before the reread but also the ones that I created after the reread still show up a day early after i do a sync.

Anyone else having problems med all day events from Outlook?

arcspin-
All day events issues should be fixed in 1.6.1. Try and run a reread from the PC - Open CompanionLink Setup, go to Options, then Reread PC data on next sync. Run a regular sync and see if your events are fixed.

RaymonWilliams
08-09-2010, 06:37 AM
We've sped this up in our latest in-house build. I plan on posting the next update (1.6.2) on Monday. This will most likely be out of beta and go to the Market as well.

Jason,
Will the 1.6.2 release be posted on this forum? Will this fix the task alarm issue? 1.6.1 still did not allow task alarms on the phone, though they did alarm in Outlook.

Jason
08-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Hi Jason,
I'm sorry to say but even though I reread the pc data my all day events, from Outlook 2007 SP1, are still showing up one day early.
Both the ones that been there before the reread but also the ones that I created after the reread still show up a day early after i do a sync.

Anyone else having problems med all day events from Outlook?

arcspin-
Sorry to hear that didn't work. Can you give me some more info so we can figure this out? Can you give me an example of one of your events, such as if it has a recurrning pattern and what its start/end dates are? Also, if you are syncing to the native calendar and what model phone you have.

arcspin
08-09-2010, 11:32 AM
arcspin-
Sorry to hear that didn't work. Can you give me some more info so we can figure this out? Can you give me an example of one of your events, such as if it has a recurrning pattern and what its start/end dates are? Also, if you are syncing to the native calendar and what model phone you have.

Hello Jason.
I will try to explain the best I can.
I use OUTLOOK 2007 and I have an European SAMSUNG GALAXY S and I live in Sweden.
My work day starts on a monday.

In OUTLOOK you can make an appointment an all day event.
See the attached picture, where the green text says all day row.
http://www.telerik.com/libraries/radcontrols_for_winforms/scheduler_structure.sflb

When I create such an all day event in OUTLOOK and sync with Deja Cal, it shows up in Deja Cal one day early, even though the dates are correct when i open the event in Deja Cal.
I sync with the native android calendar and if I open the native Android calendar or another third party calendar (Jorte, they have great widgets) they all show the same all day event on the correct day in their calendar.
This happen with all day events that spans for several days and for single day all day events and the all day events can be on any day of the week, they still end up one day early in deja Cal.

I hope that was of any help to you.

Best regards,
//Peter

Jason
08-09-2010, 01:07 PM
When I create such an all day event in OUTLOOK and sync with Deja Cal, it shows up in Deja Cal one day early, even though the dates are correct when i open the event in Deja Cal.
I sync with the native android calendar and if I open the native Android calendar or another third party calendar (Jorte, they have great widgets) they all show the same all day event on the correct day in their calendar.
This happen with all day events that spans for several days and for single day all day events and the all day events can be on any day of the week, they still end up one day early in deja Cal.

Peter-
Often these issues are date specific. Can you give me an exact date you are entering in Outlook for the All Day event? Also, what view are you seeing it incorrectly in DejaCal - the day view? Does each view look incorrect? Day/Week/Month/List?

rjbinney
08-09-2010, 02:01 PM
I downloaded v1.6 and immediately performed a test on the task alarm function. It still does not work. Also, I cannot change the default priority to Normal. The default priority is high (which is odd) and I have to change every task to normal each time I create a new one.
Other suggestions: Could you make the task list such that you can view both the current day's tasks and overdue tasks? This is how I have it set up on Outlook. I only have to change my task options when I want to view completed tasks. I would like to be able to see Today's Tasks, Overdue Tasks, and then Tasks with no due date (in that order...it's consistent with Outlook and Windows Mobile OS).

Thanks!

So maybe this is what he's referring to and you "fixed", but hey - if it is, I'd argue it's totes wrong.

When I add a new task, the default priority is "3". I'd like the default to be "1".

So, in the spirit of "well the world don't move to the beat of just one drum", how about a way to select what we'd LIKE the default priority to be?

arcspin
08-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Peter-
Often these issues are date specific. Can you give me an exact date you are entering in Outlook for the All Day event? Also, what view are you seeing it incorrectly in DejaCal - the day view? Does each view look incorrect? Day/Week/Month/List?

Hi Jason,
I've downloaded 1.6.2 version and the same problem is still there.
It is the same in all views. Day, week, month and list view.

The problem occurs even if I add an all day event with Deja Cal.
For example, I add an all day event on tuesday the 10 august. When I save that all day event and look in the day, week, month and list view that same all day event show up one day early on monday the 9 august.
When I open the all day event up it reads From 2010-08-10 and To 2010-08-10 even though it shows up on the 9th in all the views.

OK, here are the dates that I have problem with:
Monday - 9 august
Tuesday - 10 august
Monday - 16 august
Friday - 22 august
Monday - 23 to 24 august (shows on sunday and monday, not monday and tuesday as supposed to)
Monday - 23 august
Friday - 27 august
Saturday - 28 august
Monday - 30 august
Tusday - 31 august
Wednesday - 1 september
and so on....

Hope this helps....and are there any one else out there who can test and add an all day event in Deja Cal and see if it also shows up one day early in the views?

Regards,
//Peter