PDA

View Full Version : "Contacts not available until sync process completes"

JLJ
08-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Am I missing a step in finishing the sync process? I'm using a Droid Incredible and syncing from Outlook 2007. I know about "Press OK when sync is done" and I do that. But sometimes when I click on DejaOffice I get a message: "Contacts not available until sync process completes." Same problem with the Calendar. This happens several minutes after my last sync and in the interim I was able to access contacts, appointments, etc. in DejaOffice - no problem. Then suddenly DejaOffice won't let me in. If I turn off the phone then turn it on again, that seems to fix the problem. I'm wondering if it's more of a DROID problem rather than a DejaOffice problem - according to my DROID manual, after I copy files to or from the Droid storage card, I should see a message in the notification area directing me to tap "Disk Drive" and set to "Charge Only" but the problem is I don't know how to find the Droid notifications panel, I stumble upon it sometimes by accident.
FYI, I didn't install the VZAccess Manager software that came with my Droid. I've copied music files to my DROID without that, so I thought I didn't need it.

Jason
08-06-2010, 03:06 PM
LJL-
The message"Contacts not available until sync process completes" happens when the SD card in the Droid is mounted to the PC. DejaOffice stores its data on the SD card and if the SD card is in use by the PC, our app cannot open the data. The easiest way to get around this is to go to your notification bar, go to USB Connected, and check "Charge Only."

Capnjack7
08-06-2010, 03:56 PM
I get the same message but from your comment above, I am not sure how you sync to Outlook : 1) if you are only storing sync on the SD chip and 2) set to allowing "charging only" through the USB connection?

I have the problem that the window with the "OK on completion button" does not show up during or after the sync. It disappeared when I down loaded the new beta 1.6.1 version for 2.2. I have reinstalled it three times, but each time it still says it is version 1.5.8 in the release notes and the about file. I tried off the internet, and through the market and then un-installed it completely and did a clean install. Is there a secret better way to install?
Capnjack7

Jason
08-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Capnjack7-
When you go to dejaoffice.com/androidapp the big green button is for our latest Market release, 1.5.8. To get 1.6.1 make sure you select the blue hyperlink under it that green button that says says 1.6.1 beta. The filename should be something like Clusbsync1_6_1_beta.apk