PDA

View Full Version : Problems with dejacloud auto sync on devices

JPH
02-28-2013, 05:36 PM
DJO Team,
short story: I cannot get my devices (android phone and iPad) to do auto synch with DejaCloud
I have the auto upload on my PC (CL5) working for "Palm Desk v4" to "No device-sync with cloud". This occurs every 2 hours as selected -- no issues here

My devices will sync if manually triggered but do not do so automatically.

My settings are:
HTC EVO: DJO 2.3.5, method-DJCloud, auto sync 2 hrs, reread handheld/cloud unchecked
iPad 3: DJO 1.4.1, method-DJCloud, autosync checked/5 min selected, resend iphone data/request reload unchecked

The online docs I have found are light on the auto cloud sync settings or troubleshooting.

Can you give guidance? Can you explain how the reread/reload settings work?
Thanks

Belinda
03-04-2013, 01:21 PM
DJO Team,
short story: I cannot get my devices (android phone and iPad) to do auto synch with DejaCloud
I have the auto upload on my PC (CL5) working for "Palm Desk v4" to "No device-sync with cloud". This occurs every 2 hours as selected -- no issues here

My devices will sync if manually triggered but do not do so automatically.

My settings are:
HTC EVO: DJO 2.3.5, method-DJCloud, auto sync 2 hrs, reread handheld/cloud unchecked
iPad 3: DJO 1.4.1, method-DJCloud, autosync checked/5 min selected, resend iphone data/request reload unchecked

The online docs I have found are light on the auto cloud sync settings or troubleshooting.

Can you give guidance? Can you explain how the reread/reload settings work?
Thanks

Hello JPH -

Please update to the latest beta version (2.4.0) of DejaOffice for Android, here:

www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp

Then, open DejaOffice Settings > DejaCloud Settings. Tap to 'Show DJC messages'. You'll now see information including the Last Sync time on the home screen. Does this update every 2 hours? Or, are you still seeing issues with the automatic sync running?

(Because the two applications - DejaOffice for Android and DejaOffice for iPhone/iPad - run on different platforms, there may be different issues occurring. That's why we'd like to look at DejaOffice for Android first - then we'll move on to the second).

Thanks -

Belinda

JPH
03-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Belinda/DJO team,
Thank you for the guidance. Even before I looked at the upgrade to the beta I saw the app was working. With current settings, I can get regular updates reflecting adds and deletes in Palm Desktop. I am still using Android version 2.3.5 and looking at the sync time off the main phone DJO screen. I did notice that if the phone is on WiFi it is much more consistent than working off cellular. So, I think that issue is gone.
In the meantime, can I get your guidance on the synch with iPad?
Thanks,
JPH

JPH
03-19-2013, 04:02 PM
DJO team,
Any suggestions on the iPad synch issue above?
Thanks

Belinda
03-21-2013, 08:56 AM
DJO team,
Any suggestions on the iPad synch issue above?
Thanks

JPH -

DejaOffice for iPhone/iPad has a new version available - 1.4.2 - that improves the automatic synchronization. Please go to the App Store and look for the update, then let us know if you're still seeing any issues.

Thanks -

Belinda

JPH
03-22-2013, 06:59 AM
Belinda,
I am running version 1.4.2 and as far as I can tell I am not getting an auto sync. I auto sync my PC to the cloud and also auto sync my android phone so I know the data is in the cloud.
I can run a manual sync on the iPad and it works fine. I cannot get auto sync to work though. In addition, when I manually synch the last sync data on the settings page is not updated.
My sync settings are:
- No sync with Apple Calendar and Contacts
- Sync method: DejaCloud sync
- Sync Method settings: email and password entered
- Auto sync: every 15 minutes

Suggestions?
Thanks

JPH
03-25-2013, 07:35 PM
Belinda,
As an update, I did a re-install with the version 1.4.3 update from today and the same settings as above. DJO so far has not done an auto sync.
Suggestions?
Thanks

JPH
04-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Belinda/DJO team,
Any suggestions based on the info above?
Thanks
jPH

DJOCTO
04-05-2013, 10:44 AM
JPH, You have us stumped. As far as we know and from field reports, DejaCloud sync every 15 minutes should be working solidly.

Can you try changing the DejaCloud setting to "Push Sync" instead. See if that works better.

JPH
04-10-2013, 06:25 AM
Deja Team,
It appears the push sync was what was needed. Over the last few days I am seeing data upload and change and the main screen is showing sync info. Thank you. I will try the 15 min sync again to see if it will now work but push will work regardless.
Just curious, what is the frequency/trigger for the push sync?
Thank you,
JPH

DJOCTO
04-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Push is just Push. It synchronized when there are changes. It doesn't poll so there is no intervals. Whenever there is a change, it is synchronized.

(Pretty slick, huh!)