PDA

View Full Version : DejaOffice for BlackBerry 10 OS / BlackBerry Playbook OS

DJOCTO
03-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Welcome Everyone to our BlackBerry 10 OS Forum!

DejaOffice for BlackBerry 10 was release in Spring 2013. CompanionLink also supports sync to older BlackBerry 7 style devices.

* Contact, Calendar, Tasks, Memos, Journal,
* Colored Categories. Ability to link Contacts to Contacts
* Sync support to PC via USB, Wi-Fi and DejaCloud Sync

Download DejaHub for support for Native BlackBerry contacts.

http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Manually_installing_DejaOffice_for_BlackBerry_Play book_and_BlackBerry_10

Feedback is welcome. I'll be updating this post frequently. Posted as sticky. Last update November 29, 2013.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
CompanionLink Software, Inc.

JDavid
03-04-2013, 09:02 AM
I side-loaded Deja Office yesterday and it's basic functionality works fine as advertised as long as you have CompanionLink software installed on your PC. Once you get DejaOffice to sync/resolve duplicates with BB Hub I'll be very happy. That will give integrated voice capability with setting up contacts, sending emails and making phone calls using DejaOffice data. In Major Features section of the Release Notes you mention "Voice reading icon - Audio output for each screen". What is that, I couldn't find anything?

JDavid
03-05-2013, 05:50 AM
I side-loaded Deja Office yesterday and it's basic functionality works fine as advertised as long as you have CompanionLink software installed on your PC. Once you get DejaOffice to sync/resolve duplicates with BB Hub I'll be very happy. That will give integrated voice capability with setting up contacts, sending emails and making phone calls using DejaOffice data. In Major Features section of the Release Notes you mention "Voice reading icon - Audio output for each screen". What is that, I couldn't find anything?

When using a phone number with an extension the Blackberry dialer does not recognize the number. For example: the BB convention is to enter: 416 967 1111 Xyyy# where "x" indicates this is an extension number and yyy is the value of the extension and "#" is the delimiter. I could not find any variation of this that would work from DejaOffice Contact Phone number field. If you remove the "X" and leave a space it is not recognized you are trying to reach an extension and the "#" is always treated as an invalid character by BB Dialer interface.

DJOCTO
03-05-2013, 11:05 AM
When using a phone number with an extension the Blackberry dialer does not recognize the number.

This will be fixed in the next release.

Also - the voice dialer note in release notes is incorrect. This is our intent for a future version.

Thanks for the notes.

DJOCTO
03-06-2013, 09:39 AM
When using a phone number with an extension the Blackberry dialer does not recognize the number. For example: the BB convention is to enter: 416 967 1111 Xyyy# where "x" indicates this is an extension number and yyy is the value of the extension and "#" is the delimiter. I could not find any variation of this that would work from DejaOffice Contact Phone number field. If you remove the "X" and leave a space it is not recognized you are trying to reach an extension and the "#" is always treated as an invalid character by BB Dialer interface.

JDavid,

We have investigated further. Z10 Dialing delimiters appear to differ by local carrier. So what works for us may be different than what works for you. My programmer notes:

> Try using a "," as the extension character. I tried this on the BB we have here, and the dialer changed the comma to a "p", so I think that might be the right character.

> If the "," works, the user can change the extension symbol in the Phone Format tab in CL, and perform a reread. This will update the BlackBerry with the right code.

Can you see if this works for you?

Wayland

Mary Reid
03-10-2013, 07:51 AM
Here are some things we are working on:

* BlackBerry Hub support - moving data to Hub Contacts and Hub Calendar
* Alarms appear to be a bit odd in the BlackBerry notification center

Can you give us any idea when the update will be available? DejaOffice works well on my Z10 but it is so annoying that I can't set DejaContacts as the contacts list for the phone. This is more irritating than having two calendars on board, although I hope that can be sorted out soon as well.

JDavid
03-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Not 100% but you are on the right track. If I enter an extension in the Z10 from Xyyy# to <Pause>xxx# it will work. (You cannot enter a , into a numeric entry field in the Z10 keyboard). When you enter <Pause> key it creates a 3 second pause and even used the "#" delimiter. This action is identified by displaying the extension on the z10 as: pyyy#. My question now becomes what does your last statement mean (the user can change the extension symbol in the Phone Format tab in CL, and perform a reread. This will update the BlackBerry with the right code.) I have no idea how to do this.
PS: Also looking forward to this integration you are working on. I'd love to convert to just using DejaOffice and not have to keep 2 contacts and Calendars (BB native one and DajaOffice one).

DJOCTO
03-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Can you give us any idea when the update will be available? DejaOffice works well on my Z10 but it is so annoying that I can't set DejaContacts as the contacts list for the phone. This is more irritating than having two calendars on board, although I hope that can be sorted out soon as well.

Our stated release date is May. We are working on a number of different options to feed BlackBerry Hub. Also, we have noted that our current App for BlackBerry World has been "in approval" for more than 40 days. So even if we have it today, it may take RIM 40 days to approve it. Big Sigh.

Sending data from DejaOffice to BlackBerry Hub is our highest priority project right now. Please stand by.

DJOCTO
03-10-2013, 12:07 PM
My question now becomes what does your last statement mean (the user can change the extension symbol in the Phone Format tab in CL, and perform a reread. This will update the BlackBerry with the right code.) I have no idea how to do this.

Are you synchronizing from the PC to DejaOffice? In CompanionLink, Advanced Settings, the Phone Format tab allows you to change the character delimiter for extensions. So this can be modified from the Sync. Of course, it makes a difference what you are synchronizing from, on the PC, how the number is formatted on the PC and your carrier. Can you clarify these?

Mary Reid
03-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Our stated release date is May. We are working on a number of different options to feed BlackBerry Hub. Also, we have noted that our current App for BlackBerry World has been "in approval" for more than 40 days. So even if we have it today, it may take RIM 40 days to approve it. Big Sigh.

Sending data from DejaOffice to BlackBerry Hub is our highest priority project right now. Please stand by.

That's good to know. But I've also heard that Blackberry is planning allow syncing with Outlook as it always did in the past - I don't suppose they have a release date for that. But even if they do, I will probably stick with DejaOffice because it handles categories and other functionality so much better.

smctest2
03-18-2013, 02:00 AM
Hi Team,

Waht is the meaning of can't move data to blackberry hub? Is it mean the calendar and contact cannot sync to blackberry native calendar and contact client?

Also, i can't sync the contact and calendar from BB10 to outlook or gmail. Will it be fixed in next release?

Thanks

mickinoz
05-30-2013, 11:22 PM
I have DejaOffice (DJO) and DejaHub (DJH)
Downloaded both new versions from BB World app store! (Well done DJO).

Suffered many duplicate contacts in the native BB contact file, also noticed that many contacts had been overwritten with LinkedIn data, which wiped phone numbers and email addresses in a large number of contact records.

Despite many attempts, DJHub could not clear native BB contacts because, as far as I could tell, LinkedIn overwrites native BB contacts and/or adds it's own.

Actions tried:
Turned off all LinkedIn permissions; no difference
Uninstalled LinkedIn via BB World; no difference.
Did a security wipe and reset my BB back to factory defaults (a pain in the proverbial).
When BB was clean:
Did not install LinkedIn
Installed DJO and DJH
Synched DJO via DJCloud
Synched Native BB contacts, etc, via DJH (from DJO, not USB)

No duplicates anywhere!

Conclusions:
DJH doesn't "see" LinkedIn contacts in Native BB, so DJH doesn't wipe them.
I think the problem is in how BB and LinkedIn interact (not DJO's problem)
Uninstalling LinkedIn doesn't take LinkedIn off the BB Hub, so, somehow, the BB keeps receiving LinkedIn messages, etc.

Is anyone else seeing these problems?

DJOCTO
06-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the update.