PDA

View Full Version : More will be revealed

DJOCTO
03-03-2013, 12:51 PM
More information to come. Look for something exciting at the end of April 2013 [Edit - End of May] [Edit - Maybe 2nd week of June? ]

MG111
03-04-2013, 04:28 AM
Hm, I really hope, you do not neglect DO/CL with local sync (via USB). I don't want to use any Cloud because of data security reasons. My data (contacts, appointsments, etc) must not be "online" anywhere ...

This was the reason for me NOT to change from Windows Mobile 6.5 (with Active Sync via USB) to WinPhone7 (only cloud sync).

So please, do not focus on "cloud-services", ONLY.

Michael

DJOCTO
03-04-2013, 07:38 AM
MG111, Thank you for your input.

I see things as a hierarchy. No one wants to lose what they had before. Only when they have what they had, will they be willing to try to do new things.

So for us, USB sync is fundamental, because it is a foundation technology.

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth build on that because they are local, although both are OTA technologies which could be captured by local listening.

CompanionLink Secure Hosted Wireless (CLSH) is a secure point-to-point data transmission. It sends only encrypted packets, and does not store data. This is our most secure system for HIPAA customers and those concerned about avoiding any cloud storage.

DejaCloud and DejaOffice Online will be a "database stored on a web server" technology primarily to provide convenient data access. It is more flexible than CLSH because it allows multiple device connections, but unfortunately it depends on the master database to be stored on a server, leaving it vulnerable to attack. At least, it is an improvement over Google, in that we don't mine the data to send advertisements to the contacts in the database.

I hope this clarifies things. Our commitment is to all these technologies on as many phones as we can. In that way we can accomplish our mission: Your data, Your device, Simply, Reliably, Securely.

czarnik
03-15-2013, 08:45 AM
DJOCTO,

Really hope your Mar 2013 is sooner than later. Want a new Contacts Manager that I can keep separate from iPhone / iPad native and so -

"DejaCloud and DejaOffice Online will be a "database stored on a web server" technology primarily to provide convenient data access. It is more flexible than CLSH because it allows multiple device connections, but unfortunately it depends on the master database to be stored on a server, leaving it vulnerable to attack. At least, it is an improvement over Google, in that we don't mine the data to send advertisements to the contacts in the database.'

Sounds GREAT. Happy to Beta if you need.

Larry
2013MR16 02:45 Sydney Australia

jimmur
04-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Any update?

DJOCTO
04-08-2013, 07:33 AM
It's going well, but slowly. We needed to reengineer some parts. It will arrive in a few weeks.

MG111
04-09-2013, 01:56 AM
It's going well, but slowly. We needed to reengineer some parts. It will arrive in a few weeks.

I hope, the security of webaccess will be part of the re-engineering process. Right now it's unencrypted ... (http://sync.dejacloudsync.com/account/). Manual use of https is possible, but the certificate does not match the URL and it should be mandatory, shouldn't it?

Michael

MPF94025
05-01-2013, 07:10 PM
So, if I understand correctly, one can use Dejaoffice and all adjunct programs direct from Outlook desktop to new BB10 OS, including Z10, WITHOUT uploading any information to the cloud, that cloud use is just an option. Is that right?

And that, for the moment, the cloud version is not encrypted, but granted not "mined" for data like Google might do. Is that right?

Will there be an encrypted cloud version at some point?

HIPAA compliance is non trivial, requires mandatory backups and retrieval of data. For example, Dropbox provides encrypted storage, but is not HIPAA compliant. Mozy, on the other hand is HIPAA compliant. Are you certain DejaOffice apps (please specify which ones and through what level of communication, eg USB, wireless, wifi, etc) are HIPAA compliant.

Lots of questions, thanks in advance!!

DJOCTO
05-02-2013, 02:54 PM
So, if I understand correctly, one can use Dejaoffice and all adjunct programs direct from Outlook desktop to new BB10 OS, including Z10, WITHOUT uploading any information to the cloud, that cloud use is just an option. Is that right?

For HIPAA compliance our solutions are the direct sync (USB) and CLSH (CompanionLink Secure Hosted Wireless). Both are a point-to-point system, with no stored data. CLSH uses EAS256 encryption for the data. The key to CLSH is that it transmits data, but does not store it after the sync. So once synchronized there is nothing to back up, nothing to retrieve. The assumption is that your backup and retrieval systems are found on your PC (transmitting system).

Since we already supply compliant OTA sync, it is not our highest priority with DejaCloud. All the security makes for slow synchronization, so we don't want the product perceived as being sluggish and cumbersome for the 98% of people who don't need HIPAA compliance. We will be adding items over time, like secure transmission.

Ultimately our model may move to a "stored Cloud" model, where the cloud database may be hosted on your own system, and made compliant by each corporations standard. I would say for now that is at least 6 months off...

Hook
05-26-2013, 03:01 PM
I would be curious how this project is coming. I really like the idea of web access that is fully compatible with Outlook and DJO because this would be potentially easier to use from work which blocks a lot of third party options except web and I would much rather use Companion Link than Google. I don't care so much about encryption (https would be good).

I assume the Deja loud pricing would remain per syncing device, not per viewing device. Thus, I might make changes via web browser to Deja Cloud, but would only be charge for syncing my home Outlook and my Nexus 4 (2 devices). M work computer and maybe my tabled would only be used to view the data in Deja Cloud in a browser and would, thus, not count as additional clients? If I have to count devices that view, it gets very expensive very quickly.

By the way, a lot of very basic information on Deja Cloud service seems to be hidden on pages without easy links from other pages. I found the address for one page at the end of the Deja Cloud set up video:

http://www.companionlink.com/dejacloud/

That page finally gave me a link to the pricing structure:

https://secure.companionlink.com/buynow/dejacloud.php

I would think this information should be more up front.

Any information you have on what web access for Deja Cloud might look like, when it will be released and the pricing structure would be appreciated.

DJOCTO
05-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Hook, pricing is still preliminary. We have a couple theories, and will probably try a few ideas while we push things into place.

Our general theory is that DejaCloud pricing will be tied to Sync to PC/Mac. So device to device cloud will be free. However, we may swing some multiple account logic into place that would also be paid; i.e the ability to see two people's Calendars for instance.

For now we are going to develop first, and price second. We have about 4000 daily DejaCloud customers now, but our thinking is that 90% have already purchased something. We'll mine the database to verify this at some point.

The biggest website change will be adding "DejaOffice CRM Live" which will be an addition to the DejaOffice website, and then CompanionLink. I'm hoping to post a link here for a preview within about a week or so (Early June 2013).

Hook
05-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Thanks. I'll be watching. :)

WhoWhatWhen
06-21-2013, 07:05 AM
I'm curious if there is any further news on this yet?
:)

DJOCTO
07-16-2013, 08:09 AM
Beta link is now posted. See top thread! Enjoy!