PDA

View Full Version : Sync Outlook availability field

laurentdjo
08-05-2010, 02:18 AM
Hi,

I see that the calendar appointment availability field "Show as" is not taken into account in DJO : Free, Tentative, Busy or Out of Office. It's always the value Busy that is synchronized...

See also the bars left to apointments in the image below.

Regards

French / Windows XP SP3 / Outlook 2003 SP3 / CL Pro 4.0.4006 / Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.1 / DJO 1.6.1b

http://racheljensen.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/weekly-outlook-calendar.JPG

laurentdjo
08-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Hi,

Don't you think it is important to know if a event is Free, Tentative, Busy or Out of Office ?

Regards

French / Windows XP SP3 / Outlook 2003 SP3 / CL Pro 4.0.4006 / Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.1 / DJO 1.6.1b / param = days back 30 + sync both ways + deleted both + sync alarms + cleared records

Jason
08-08-2010, 01:33 AM
laurentdjo-
We'll look into adding this in the future. Thanks for your input.

laurentdjo
08-13-2010, 07:58 AM
Hi,

It is necessary to have a visual indication in the calendar for our state of meeting answering : Free, Tentative, Busy or Out of Office.
But, it also important to have the status for attendees.

My suggestion is to enhance the Link:/Tel: references in the event's note :
- Put all the references for a attendee on the sale line to ease the parsing.
- Add the status of each attendee.
- Sample :
Link: Djo Laurent / Tel: +33 1 23 45 67 89 / Avail: Tentative
Link: Jason / Tel: +33 1 23 45 67 88 / Avail: Busy

Regards

French / Windows XP SP3 / Outlook 2003 SP3 / CL Pro 4.0.4006 / Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.1 / DJO 1.6.3 / Param = days back 30 + sync both ways + deleted both + sync alarms + cleared records + native Android contacts sync + no google.com sync

laurentdjo
08-20-2010, 12:22 PM
laurentdjo-
We'll look into adding this in the future. Thanks for your input.

Hi Jason,

My suggestions are not impossible to manage as this kind of Outlook to Google calendar syncing already exists with all the fields of Appointments/Events synced both ways :

See : gSyncit (http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/gsync/updates.shtml).
Almost all tasks fields are synced both ways using Google description.
Almost all appointments fields are synced both ways using Google description.
Google fields are also modified in the best way according to Outlook.

I think this shall be implemented for CL Pro/DJO software which is the costlier of the market, thus the one that should be the most professional...

Regards

Windows XP FR SP3 / Outlook 2003 FR SP3 / CL Pro 4.0.4008 + DJO 1.6.4 paid / Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.1 / Param = days back 30 + sync both ways + deleted both + sync alarms + cleared records + Android contacts sync + Google.com no sync