PDA

View Full Version : Recent CompanionLink changes - can you folks give a bit more detail?

tbessie
03-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Hi folks...

I saw this in the most recent changelog for CompanionLink Pro:

Fixed an issue where ACT! users could see their sync hang, or fail
Re-added the Field Mapping tab for all versions of CompanionLink
Fixed an issue where the Notes field could be truncated
Lotus Notes task alarms now ring at 8:00am instead of midnight/12:00am
Fixed automatic sync update time (for Outlook to Google)

A couple of questions - under what situations could the Notes field be truncated? I want to make sure CompanionLink didn't truncate any of my Notes fields during sync, so I would like to know if they possibly might have been, given my particular syncing setup.

And also, had the Field Mapping tab disappeared? I don't remember it going away...?

- Tim

DJOCTO
03-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Tim,

The situations where notes could be truncated are pretty small. However, it appears these have been in the code a long time. It has to do with a keyword at start of a line.

If a note line started with "\r\nTel:", or "\r\nEmail:" or "\r\nLink:" then that line, and the remainder of the note might be sent to our Telephone, Email or Link parser.

Our modification is to require they keyword Link, which is what should be triggering the linked contact parsing system.

tbessie
03-19-2013, 11:03 AM
Tim,

The situations where notes could be truncated are pretty small. However, it appears these have been in the code a long time. It has to do with a keyword at start of a line.

If a note line started with "\r\nTel:", or "\r\nEmail:" or "\r\nLink:" then that line, and the remainder of the note might be sent to our Telephone, Email or Link parser.

Our modification is to require they keyword Link, which is what should be triggering the linked contact parsing system.

Interesting - I should check my list of notes to see if any contain that.

And had the Field Mapping tab disappeared completely, or just on some versions? Which versions?

Thanks much!

- Tim

DJOCTO
03-19-2013, 11:19 AM
We are working to simplify options in CompanionLink for Outlook.

tbessie
03-19-2013, 01:23 PM

Thanks!

- Tim

McLion
03-20-2013, 04:13 AM

I hope "simplify" does not mean reducing features or options ;)

MG111
03-20-2013, 09:50 AM
I also don't want to have less features or options. At least with a special switch (eg /expert) all options should be accessible.

Michael