PDA

View Full Version : Category Colors Not Displayed

Pink
03-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Maybe I misunderstood the purpose of this app. For example, I have color coded birthdays as yellow, Child 1 as Purple, Child 2 as blue, Child 3 as orange, school events as gray, appointments as green, etc. The calendar syncs, but I have no category colors--just black text. I thought it was supposed to transfer the category color information too. Maybe I need to set this somewhere? I do have the filter set to transfer all categories, but the list in CompanionLink doesn't match anything in Outlook, and I can't map them to the ones I made.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Mobile Device and OS: iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.2
DejaOffice version# 1.4.3
CompanionLink build # 5058
Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..) Outlook 2013
Sync Method with CompanionLink : Sync via Dejacloud
DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.

DJOCTO
03-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Pink, welcome to the forums.

In Outlook, make a new appointment with the category for child 1. Let it sync to the phone. On the phone, what category shows for that appointment? It should be the Child 1 category, and it should have that color on the phone.

There may be some implied limitations; the category name may need to be one word (like Child1) and I know the category name may not contain a comma or other punctuation. The color is carried with the name, so I'm thinking that we should work in getting the category names going from Outook to iPhone, and when they do the color will solve itself.