PDA

View Full Version : Adding Notes on iPad

Kirkl
05-01-2010, 05:27 AM
I noticed that if I want to add a note on my iPad, the only thing it will allow me to do is add to an existing note that was already made in ACT. It would be great if we could click on add, and a new date would come up to add a note in, so we can easily separate notes, instead of adding to an existing one. I don't want to add a note to an existing note that might have been made 6 months ago.

DJOCTO
05-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Kirkl, welcome to the forum, and thanks for initiating this topic.

By "note" here I assume you mean a new dated timed note attached to a contact record.

You should be able to add a new dated, timed note by doing this:

Open a Contact
Edit the Note
Add your text to the TOP of the note area. Add as much text as you want.
Sync
In ACT!, the note will obtain the date/time of the sync operation. On the iPad, the note should now also have a date and time.

I'll have the team check out an insure this is working properly.

Coming soon will be a the ability to add a note with the date/time stamp on the iPad. Also the ability to add a history item the same way. These will sync with Wi-Fi to ACT! if you are in the office, or using the wireless sync that you are now using.

I hope this information helps.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
CompanionLink Software, Inc.

Kirkl
05-05-2010, 03:54 AM
Thanks for your reply Wayland, but I am afraid that didn't work. Not only did the note that I made in iPad not have a timestamp on Act on my PC, but the note that I made on my iPad never came over into my PC, and I have Synched several times.

DJOCTO
05-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Kirkl, I had the team try it and it worked for them. So let's go step by step.

1) On the iPad, select a contact. Select Edit, and edit the Note. At the top of the note, above all the other text, add a new line of text "This is a test", then put a blank line under it. So make sure your new note stands alone, and is at the top of the note, with the regular notes below it.

2) On the iPad, select Sync

3) On the PC, First be sure you are NOT viewing the same contact in ACT! If the contact is in edit mode, sometimes the notes don't make it.

4) On the PC, Right Click on the CompanionLink Icon in the corner (Manual Sync) and select sync there.

5) On the PC, look at the contact. There should be a dated, timed note saying "This is a test".

Tell me if this works for you. If it works so far, we'll check the "bounceback" to be sure it gets right on the iPad on the following sync.

Keep me posted.