PDA

View Full Version : Sync with Android Contacts? Necessary?

Jim Brown
08-07-2010, 08:06 AM
A quick question: It is my understanding that I need to have DJO sync with the builtin Android Contact database in order for callerID on incoming calls to show up with a name. And aren't there other builtin apps that rely on the Android Contact database?

Is there a way to have the DJO database overwrite the Android Contact database instead of syncing with it? I would love to use DJO Contacts as my main entry point, but don't want to lose other features of my Droid that uses the builtin Contact database.

Jim

Jason
08-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Jim-
You are correct. In order for Caller ID to work, DejaContacts needs to sync with the native apps.

You can overwrite the contacts in the native app from CompanionLink, but it will also overwrite what's in DejaContacts as well. To do this open CompanionLink on the PC, go to Outlook (or which ever contact manager you are using) Settings, select the Applications tab and then the Purge and Reload contacts box. On the next sync all of your contacts in DejaContacts and the native app will be deleted and overwritten.